Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What car numbers are you using for Cendiv IT

Triple Helix Racing is hoping to run 22,23, & 24 and shwah has 20 on his car for ITB. And as david has pointed out, all cars running IT will need to be different because of running at the same time. I was hoping that for the most part we could sort this out before we show up at blackhawk at the end of april with the same numbers on our cars. Anyone who reads this and has a number that they want or knows a buddys number for this year, post on here and I will update the list. Unfortunately there are no officially reserved numbers, so we can almost clear it up this way. Thanks everyone, Jimmy (#23 IT

R2 racing - ITC 1
    R2 racing - ITC 2
    R2 racing - ITA 3
    anrkii - ITB 13
    David - ITA 14
    Shwah - ITB 20
    Danny (THR) - ITB 22
    Jimmy (THR) - ITB 23
    Jim (THR) - ITB 24
    x1/9racer - ITC 33
    Grumpa - ITC 36
    R2 racing - ITS 42
    Bob - ITB 49
    planet6racing - ITA 92
    mike - ITB 98
    iagreen - ITA 99

www.triplehelixracing.com

Yup, as noted I have #20
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Jimmy, your thread title reads "ITB". Because most times all the IT classes in CenDiv run the same race group when picking a number you'll need to consider all IT cars in one race group.

Have Fun
    David
    ITA #14 (for the past 8 years)
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region

Thank you David. I did not consider that. This compounds the situation a little but I hope that it can help some people either avoid duplicates or pick a number that no one is using. I can also recommend looking at last years results to see what numbers people were using. I am getting anxious.

to prevent this kind of thing, I opted to choose a # that no one else runs as my permanent for this year.

#13 ITB
    and yes, its a green car

you could say that im not really all that superstitious

92 ITA.

As for no one wanting 13, I wouldn't say that. That is my lucky number. But, I numbered the car already and it is bad karma to change it...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

The Ruck Racing fleet:
    ITC Civic - #1
    ITC Civic - #2
    ITA Integra - #3
    ITS Prelude - #42 (we should just make this #4)
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Kevin - do you guys primarily run Great Lakes Div events, or will we see you on our side of the lake too?
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

Mainly GLDiv, but I think the Integra will be up at Road America for at least one event this summer, possibly two if the schedule permits. I'd also kind of like to check out Autobahn Joliet too. BHF is also a slight possibilty - haven't been there since July of 2000.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Great, well we look forward to seeing you.

Oh - no regional at AB this year, maybe next...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

The Ruck Racing fleet:
    ITC Civic - #1
    ITC Civic - #2
    ITA Integra - #3
    ITS Prelude - #42 (we should just make this #4) [/b]

Kevin, I didn't realize the orange 42 was your car until now. Brian drove the car right? I saw him in impound but he never said a word to me. I did meet a guy in another Honda named Chase who seemed like a nice guy. If I remember right they were both on 16" Toyo's. Are they better on the front wheel drives?

Good luck this year with your fleet.

Dan

Kevin, I didn't realize the orange 42 was your car until now. Brian drove the car right? I saw him in impound but he never said a word to me. I did meet a guy in another Honda named Chase who seemed like a nice guy. If I remember right they were both on 16" Toyo's. Are they better on the front wheel drives?

Good luck this year with your fleet.

Dan
    [/b]
    Yes, Brian Ehmer drives our ITS Prelude for the most part. I think you raced against him at the WOR Games. I know he was on the poll at least one day, but your BMW would just kill him on the starts. We probably had some "left over from the NASA days" 15" Toyo's on the car that weekend. It generally has Hoosiers on it. In November, Brian finished 7th at the ARRC in the car in his first attempt at the event. Second highest FWD car. We're looking to improve this year with the weight cut it received.

Chase Lin works for Honda R&D and sometimes drives their blue 5th gen Prelude. He's a really cool guy and generally paddocks with us up on the hill.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Yes, Brian Ehmer drives our ITS Prelude for the most part. I think you raced against him at the WOR Games. I know he was on the poll at least one day, but your BMW would just kill him on the starts. We probably had some "left over from the NASA days" 15" Toyo's on the car that weekend. It generally has Hoosiers on it. In November, Brian finished 7th at the ARRC in the car in his first attempt at the event. Second highest FWD car. We're looking to improve this year with the weight cut it received.

Chase Lin works for Honda R&D and sometimes drives their blue 5th gen Prelude. He's a really cool guy and generally paddocks with us up on the hill. [/b]

Yes, I remember, we were testing different tire brands and just changed some weight and alignment that weekend between the practice/ qualifying & the race. I thought both were on 16" wheels, I guess it was just Chase. That's the weekend that SCCA Tech had me open up my hood to see if I had the SIR on. I do remember the Sunday start, I think I just got lucky, the starter threw a late green and I caught the front guys as the might have lifted a little while I was putting it to the floor. I'm sure that weight cut will help, I hope it helps me too in ITR.

Updated the list. My favorite number is also 13 but chose to go with 23 instead. I can't wait to meet you guys in person and have a fun year racing together. Jimmy

For what it's worth. ITA 99. But I think someone else runs that occasionally as well.
    Ian

ITA 14 for my Civic, but I don't really care. I can be 44, 4, 11, whatever. I just like to

edit: I'm running (most if not all) GLDiv races...
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

If I remember correctly, Michael Baumet uses 99 on his ITB Golf (although I think I have seen 98 as well), and is pretty regular at CenDiv races. I know we have an ITA car on this list with that number, so I will get in touch with him and see if he has a preference.

It's a shame we cannot reserve permanent numbers, but this is a good idea, and a good way for visitors/guests to scope out a number that is unlikely to be taken forcing last minute tape jobs.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

oops, I dont think I apply here, im in midiv, not cen.

my permanent midiv # is 13 this year.

If I remember correctly, Michael Baumet uses 99 on his ITB Golf (although I think I have seen 98 as well), and is pretty regular at CenDiv races. I know we have an ITA car on this list with that number, so I will get in touch with him and see if he has a preference.

It's a shame we cannot reserve permanent numbers, but this is a good idea, and a good way for visitors/guests to scope out a number that is unlikely to be taken forcing last minute tape jobs.
    [/b]

I am #98 since 2000, thats the year I was married and my son was born.
    #98 Silver Golf. RIP

I loved that car.

Michael

Matt, if we show up at the same event we'll make it work. 14 turns eazy to 74. No allowed...........
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14