Thread: VW Contingency

seems like most contingencies are at the National level (only)... let's hope this one gets down to us guys in the Regionals

They gotta go where the cars are, the article didn't specify but did make it sound open to the SCCA racing season, very ambiguous.

Another quote:

The details of this new contingency program are still being finalized, however we expect this to a worthwhile program for everyone involved in SCCA racing in VW's old or new.

At first I assumed based on what they are doing for the pro teams that we'd submit results and in return receive vouchers for discounts on parts. However the $300K figure doesn't make sense with that theory...so I guess we wait and see. Surely they wont be handing checks out to us for podiums... that would be just plain crazy
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

Right but lots of prod cars are VW, even a few GT-lite
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I don't know if it will help anything, but I contacted the SCCA marketing department and reminded them that there are a lot of us here in IT. If someone found a VW representative who is involved we should contact them too, make sure they know about IT and about how enthusiastic the IT VW guys can be! It surely can't hurt!

In MN, we have Tom Daly racing a black Mk2 B car and he is one of the managers at westside vw. I am sure he has made a point or two to the reps that pass along the dealerships.

I'm fairly certain that we will see some support for IT, the official word should be out soon.
    :026:

>> If someone found a VW representative who is involved

I'm going to passing a message along to Clark about it.

Jamie has been in contact with the 'right' folks at VW, and is relatively aware of the VW IT world. When I called last week to confirm more details he was standing next to the right guy the time and asked the questions saying 'the IT Nation wants to know'. Unfortunately the thing just isn't nailed down yet, but they did say in the next month or so details would be released.

I am super glad this is finally coming to fruition. Their original intention was to make an announcement at the Runoffs, but it just has taken quite a while to get the details of all aspects of the programs together.

If it does end up being limited to National competition, I guess that is one more nudge towards Production for me.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

>> If it does end up being limited to National competition

I have explained the #s to 'right' folks also and have expressed my concern over a National only contingency.
    #s such as car counts, car ages, # of races, etc. IT is not something to be ignored if they truly want to reach the "Grassroots racers" as they said.

[font=Impact] VW IT contingency sounds great to me , the VW is gettign more amd more expensive as I chase those Hondas!
    [font=Century Gothic][color=#FF0000]

For those of you gunnin' for Floyd's Honda at the Rock this weekend, I understand from Jenny White that...

Decals are not yet available, but will be mailed out to all registered
    competitors as soon as they arrive. In the meantime, contingency claims
    submitted with official results will be honored without the decal
    verification signature.

K

Yo dudes! I hate to point this out, but VW is giving away $200 to first place finishers in SCCA rallycross.
    That sure makes me want to go and win with my $160 GTI!!

Sweet, I guess that would make you a Pro, and the ONLY Pro VW racer operating in teh black as well !

I don't know, It wouldn't truly be operating in the black, I'd have to drive up there and stuff, then I'd have to somehow win. . .Pro??? Uh,

"Payouts are presented to 1st and 2nd place drivers per event in RallyCross National Series competition only."

1st: $200
    2nd: $100

This is great however one thing to remembe though is that most Ralycross events are not "Nationals"...

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com