Thread: Sebring Test Day?

Does anyone know if there is a place online or a phone number to call to sign up for the SCCA Sebring Test day on Feb 23rd? Do I just show up at the Chateau Elan and get in line?

Thanks!
    CFR ITB Champion 2007
    87 Honda Accord

did you try the registaar:

Central Florida Region
    Deanna Harry
    2829 NW Lakeview Dr
    Sebring, Fl 33870
    863-382-4226 (no calls after 9 pm)

e-mail [email protected]

If as in the past, there will be on-site registration at Chateau Elan. But you may be able to preregister online, don't know.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

After a conversation with some people at Sebring, looks like you just show up at the Elan on the day. Just seems a little fishy as things are usually setup so strict everywhere else. Deanna gave me the number of the Sebring Airport... not sure what do with that. I think she might have the wrong number.
    CFR ITB Champion 2007
    87 Honda Accord

Yep, just stand in line at the lobby of the chateau Elan and show your license and pay for the test day. There is always a sign outside the front door. Every member of your group has to be present to sign the waiver and get a gate pass.

See you there.

Neal Norton

Sweet! Thanks!
    CFR ITB Champion 2007
    87 Honda Accord

Does anybody know the license requirements for the test day?? I was hoping to have a friend of mine hlp me baseline the car and although he holds a current FIA class B License and a Grand Am licence, he doesn't have (or need for his job) a SCCA competition license. Any idea's if this will be OK for the test day? Or who would I contact to make sure that he doesn't waste a trip to Sebring on Friday?

Colin Harmer
    ITA Red/Blue Miata Number TBD
    gomuchfaster.com
    [email protected]

Hi Colin:

I understand that all FIA and Grand Am Licensed drivers are BANNED from any area within 50 miles of Sebring during that weekend! There should be a sherrifs deputy checking at the gates, so he really shouldn't bother coming :P

Besides, if your car were any quicker, you wouldn't have any fun at all. . .those ITS guys at the front will just make your race miserable!

See you there!

Neal Norton

Neal,

Well that certainly clears things up a little.... Since Mike will sell his "go fast" parts to anyone (including me...) I know have new things to sort out.

Those "pesky" ITS Cars should be an even more challenging with out the long straights for them to get away from us.

Looking forward to a good weekend! See you there.

Cheers,

Colin Harmer
    ITA Red/Blue Miata Number TBD
    gomuchfaster.com
    [email protected]