Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Longest Day 24 Hour Event

I'll let it rain if someone can find me a good intermediate tire for my RX7 , we can't find a good one that works so no rain for you front drivers. [/b]
    "Front drivers" ??!?!?! Au contraire, Pierre. The front-drive wallowing pig was retired in 2006 (too old for Showroom Stock). Last season, we enduro'ed in RWD. Think "Piņata". Our actual choice for intermediates and full-rains when it started raining was Kumho 710's. Really. The Nelsonring is pretty grippy in the wet, especially since it got 'milled'. Each time it stopped raining, we had another three laps on the field, as we didn't have to stop and change tires. Besides, you get all sweaty changing tires. Our enduro strategy ? Sloth = speed.

I'm doing my rain dance but I probably shouldn't get greedy after last weekend.

K

Quick story about the ledges 24 on Bikes. I had done more than my fair share of driving the Yamaha this was in the late 70's. Going through the carousal I nodded off but woke up just before the exit and just before I was going to go off the track. Needless to say, it woke me up and on the next stop, I had to clean out my leathers.