Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endurance Series

Red face

I am pleased to annouce the formation of this endurance series. A group of us meet at the 2007 SCCA convention and formed the series. Pending regional board approvels and a few minor kinks to be worked out the following events will be included in this year's series ; Kuhmo Tropical 12 Hours at Homestead, 12 Hours at the Point , "The Longest Day" 24 Hours of Nelson Ledges and Charge of Headlight Brigade 13 Hour at VIR.

On another note the supps are done for the Longest Day. They have been sent out for approval and we should have them back soon. I plan on releasing the entry and intent to run information today or tommorrow. :026:

Roland

Wooo-hooooo!!

It's almost like I was at that meeting... :P

K

EDIT - if you'll get me the details, I'd like to include them on our web site.

Does this mean the supps will be same/similar for these races (pit proceedures etc)?

BTW anyone know anything about entries for the Summit 12 hour?

Matt

Matt- Unfortunately we didn't have all the right people present to work out uniform pit rules for this year. That will be a goal for next year; it is a high priority item.
    Roland

When is the Homestead race?
    Mark Lapos
    ITS RX7 #23
    www.rpperformanceracing.com

Homestead is listed as April 20-21.

I'd really LOVE to find some drivers interested in doing that race but for whatever reason, it just doesn't have the draw that the Summit and VIR events seem to.

K

On a related topic, have we got an official name for the series Roland? I want to post something about it on the site at http://www.it2.evaluand.com/gti/events07.php

K

On a related topic, have we got an official name for the series Roland? I want to post something about it on the site at http://www.it2.evaluand.com/gti/events07.php

K
    [/b]
    Cool deal for sure! I remember talking this over w/ Kirk over a couple of Yuenglings last year.

As far as names go, how about this?

"ESsES" "Eastern States Endurance Series"

For now it is called East Coast Endurance Championship ie EC squared...I dont know how to show the little 2 ...lol...

Talks are underway with various sponsor so the name may be modified. Still a lot of details to work out but coming togther fairly nicely.

Roland

Respecting orders-of-operation and keyboard-speak, I think it would be (EC)^2 - E times C raised to the 2nd power...

If you look at it as a smiley, it's a guy with a pointy nose and mouth full of bling, shouting and winking at you.

K

Last I heard the homestead race was canceled??? From the SCCA site.
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

I'm 99.9% sure it's on, unless something happened in the last day or two.

Roland

John, Could you provide us a link to where you heard the race was cancelled??
    Chad Z
    #46 ITA

I looked two weeks ago on the SCCA site and it said canceled. I looked again last night and it says it's not I called the phone number listed with the event and was told that the number is incorrect and that info is on the Fla. web site. Well nothing there but the woman did say that the race was still on and infact had never been canceled If anyone has more info please let me know. If I can get the trailer out of the snow we're going!
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

We haven't found enough committed codrivers to make Homestead doable yet but if you want to go, get in touch!

K

Kirk, will you put in a bigger seat?

I'm trying to solve that problem right now, as a couple of my Summit/VIR codrivers are a smidge too big for the current unit...

K

I think Kirk is trying to say "yes, I will put in a bigger seat." But, I'm just guessing so don't quote me on it. Maybe we do need the two cars, big seat car and little seat car. . .

There must be two cars! :026:

Maybe he should put in a bigger seat then we'll just feed him a bunch till he fits into the seat! (Read , drink lots of beer! ) We would also not have to worry about balance if he was like the rest of us, a little more Um ...soft ...around the middle. :P

Roland

... Maybe we do need the two cars, big seat car and little seat car. . . [/b]
    The sick thing is that I had this same thought today, looking at Recaros. I lost my contact there when he went back to Germany so I have to start from scratch rebuilding a relationship with them - or be forced to buy retail. Ouch.

K