First
Was it a dry weekend? Because if it was then you can't compare the times fairly running on toyo's versus a set of hoosiers. Plus, I bet you aren't really sure how many heat cycles those toyos have on them. I have heard they get quite greasy when they're on their last legs.

Second
If it was raining I think you might have been pushing the toyo's near their limits if you were turning a 1:34 in the wet. Just my opinion but that's that. It takes seat time to get used to a car at speed, and the double driving school at roebling isn't really the best place to get that seat time. Its not a bad idea to do another school. If you were expecting to do in the 1:24's right out of the box you shot yourself in the foot before you started. Roebling has the longest straight in the southeast and that makes that last turn a really important corner. And turn one you can double apex or go really deep and single apex. But on the latter, you really have to maintain speed or you'll get passed by the next 2 turns.

It sounds to me like you were being too hard on yourself. I can remember going into turn 12 at Road Atlanta for the first time, putting my foot to the floor and then backing off thinking, "Home Equity loan, oh shit, home equity loan!".

Besides, an early z car can be an unforgiving (expletive deleted) when its not set up properly and you're not used to it.

What diff ratio were you running?