Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One less race at Summit Point this year?

entry fees stopped including a donation to the track fund YEARS ago.

that fund is what paid for the improvements to the woods paddock area last summer.

there is no big conspiracy here folks. insurance, track fees, scca sanction costs all went up. on top of that the board decided to add the cost of feeding everyone dinner. end result is 15% increase. we will be discussing this issue at the next comp committee meeting.

Wow. After rereading my post this morning it did sound very Mattberg-esqe (is that a word?). While I have not shopped at a Piggly Wiggly in years I am a supporter of the Piggly Wiggly racing team.

Marshall thanks for the clarifaction of the facts.

I think I will go shovel the snow off the parking lot at work now.

cheers
    dave parker
    WDCR HP#97
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Well sanction and insurence anyone here can estimate the cost per driver. I guess the food and increased track coast was really the big issue since according to SCCA published information the sanction and insurence was negligable in requiring that much of an increase.

I never thought there was a consipricy out there. But when someone says 30 dollar increase over last years 10 dollar increase I personally will ALWAYS ask why.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I appreciate the concern, and I imagine there are good reasons for it. And I would probably be curious as to why as well. But we recnetly had Lime Rock nearly DOUBLE the rental rates, to about $44,000 for a two day regional up here, and it's impossible not to raise entries when that happens.

Still, even with entires up significantly, it remains one of the smaller expeditures we make in racing. Like it or not, racing ANYwhere other than Lime Rock is more expensive for me and the other locals, and entries would need to be just about free anywhare else to make up the difference in gas costs, etc.

I imagine that the raised rates were done for good reasons, and that the managemenet cosidered driver response when doing it.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Nice job Jake, just what I was thinking. here is hoping that 09 is a good year...... dave