Thread: MEMPHIS SPRING REGIONAL/NATIONAL/IT TOUR

March 10-11 w/ test day on 3/9.
    Memphis BBQ and St. Louis beer party Sat.!
    IT gets 2 races w/ separate sanctions - count as 2.

Go to Memphis Forms- fill 'em out and mail 'em in.

Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

I'll be there! Rebuilt a motor for the Miata, but real low on HP.....working on how to get the HP back. I'll be there either way.....wouldn't want to miss the BBQ
    1992 Mazda Miata #83 ITA/SM
    Eating Red Meat isn't bad for you...eating green, fuzzy meat is bad for you!

I hope to make it. It's one of my all time favorite events. I'm still in discussion with licensing and doctors. This could take some time.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I'm planning to be there. Got to finish redoing my door bars and install new belts. Oh yeah, and buy tires, and fix the brakes on the trailer, and fix a broken exhaust bracket. Guess I better get busy.

Just out of curiosity, is there a real map of this track? I tried to look on their website but couldn't get a picture of just what the roadcourse is. Thanks!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

It should be on the forms, Kevin. I can't get them to download, but it's usually a very small map. It's a 1.7 mile course, the majority of which is a dragstrip and runoff area...followed by a banked, fast right hander...a left dog leg...a 3rd gear, lrlr chicane known as the "M's"...a short chute...a tight left/right chicane...a short chute...a right, flat, frequently slick, blind sweeper..."The Concrete Coffin" turn...and a launch onto the long straight. Course is rather simple but challenging in its simplicity.

Plus, it's flat. Only elevation change is the sweeper at the end of the long straight. Of the family jewels if you get crossed up in the "Coffin Turn".

It requires decent handling, good brakes, good torque, good top end, good mid range, large stones at the final turn, and an appetite for fun with good people. If for no other reason, having watched you devour our food at the ARRC, you would enjoy going just for the Saturday night barbeque alone. If you leave that thing hungry, then you must have passed out before you got done. :birra
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

"If for no other reason, having watched you devour our food at the ARRC, you would enjoy going just for the Saturday night barbeque alone."

I don't mean to step on any toes because I appreciate all that the Atlanta Region does at the ARRC, but I suspect that they have to use the offical track caterer for all their food, including the "BBQ." Now I must say, for pork that has never been in contact w/ real smoke, that is not bad at all, but we serve real Memphis BBQ - slow smoked shoulders taken out of the cooker and pulled right at the track. We actually have to pay the track a more than nominal fee to allow us to bring in Mean Gene.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

No offense taken, Bill. I was referring to what we cook down on the skid pad at Rebstock's. Gumbo and Jambalaya...normally enough to feed 50-75 people at least twice. No comparison to the barbeque at Memphis. There is a difference from Texas barbeque, where I'm from, and I keep my preferences to myself out of respect for my hosts. But, I'm not racing in Texas where they don't serve barbeque after a race day.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Bill,
    I am assuming that Andrea's attendance would be appreciated? Chris is going to work on being there, but with the union election 2 weeks later and all of the CRB stuff, it might not be possible.

That said, he'll probably make at least one of the cars run and drive down.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Lesley, we would very much appreciate Andrea's (has she outgrown "Andie?") presence and assistance. :026:
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Bill,
    She responds to both. I tend to use Andrea more.

If at all possible, she will be there.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Bill, would someone be available to do my annual tech late afternoon/early evening that Friday?

Tech is open 6:30 - 9 Fri. night. You don't need an annual to run the test day.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Thanks Bill. I can't make the test day (work always gets in the way), but I hope to get to the track Friday evening in time to get teched so I don't have to worry about it Saturday morning.

TRUE ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE!!! :026:

www.midsouthscca.com
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Car is still on the frame machine - less than a week to go.........

Not looking good for me at the moment
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.