Are you guys serious about the perception of ITR in the "old school" SCCA circles?

I know I am knew, but as one of the guys who got ITR up and running, I see it as absolutely necessary. We needed, badly, to class newer cars in IT.

What is the fear here? At least for a couple of seasons, I don't think you will see many ITR cars going even as fast as the top S cars.

Sometimes, the SCCA scares me.
[/b]
Let me see if I can be tactful here (and not become a version of MattBerg):

Yes. Look at the names on the ECR Committee (definitely "old school") and provide another explanation on why ITR is not part of the series. I was equally amazed when the Pro-IT Committee wanted to leave ITR out, but I think they were lumping ITR in with the ITO (ITE in the rest of the country) cars that I wanted to add to the series. I gave in on ITO, but was successful in overcoming their objections to ITR. I have no such influence over the ECR rules.

I am not knew <sic> here (just giving you crap, Jeff ), but I agree that ITR needs to happen. And if ITO takes off like I believe it will, I&#39;ll push to include it as a SARRC class eventually.

I also agree the differential between ITR & ITS will be much the same as ITS & ITA today, which means the fast ITS guys will be bitching about the mid-pack ITR guys holding them up. At least that will help deafen the whining from the fast ITA guys about the mid-pack ITS&#39;ers.

Me, too.

Butch Kummer