Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMP Feb. Rollcall

I hate to see that the turnout was so low. But you had very little warning, a crappy time of year weather wise, a mediocer track, and a series that the regions can't decide wether to support or sabbatoge. I can't say I'm supprised. The national classes didn't draw flys either. It's a shame because the numbers have been there in the past, and the potential is there to draw even better. I know-
    Rick Harbaugh
    #72 240Z

htmracing.com

And not a single ITS, ITA, ITB or ITC car, and only one IT7.
    [/b]
    So how should one perceive this... an opportunity at a cheap first win, lost?

or

A weekend spent where money, time and resource was saved (not to mention the Wife was happy I was spending time with here ) while remaining warm?

I flaged the CMP weekend in '04 (at the carosel)... it was the most miserable experience, cold, damp, windy... cars running off all around me... MISERABLE!

hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

LOL...I guess I cold have gone down and cruised around in the TR8 at a 2:05 pace and taken a checkers, but is that really "racin'?" Would have to say no I think........

So, but for the wife part, have to vote for number 2.

You going to the Rock?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

LOL...I guess I cold have gone down and cruised around in the TR8 at a 2:05 pace and taken a checkers, but is that really "racin'?" Would have to say no I think........

You going to the Rock?
    [/b]
    It would have been easier for me to do the TR8 cruisin.

As for the regions killing the CCPS series--The CCR board has met with the series representitives and we are in full support of CCPS. Changes we felt needed to be made are in place and we are working to give these races better time slots at our events. This is going to be a fun year to be a part of this series so mark your calanders.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Changes we felt needed to be made are in place and we are working to give these races better time slots at our events. This is going to be a fun year to be a part of this series (CCPS) so mark your calanders.
    [/b]
    That sounds great! We're looking forward to it.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

Steve... Thanks for the support for the CCPS. That really helps when trying to decide on running for points. (I knew I shoulda gone down in Feb and cruised around at a 2:04 pace!)

The CCPS website lists the May and June events as Tentative. Can you confirm these events?
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

CCPS will be on the schedule for May at CMP as well as the June Jam at Lowes. We are going to try to run the CMP race last thing Saturday. Still working out schedule but this should be a blast and a lot cooler.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Steve... Are you trying to race the CCPS last thing Saturday for both CMP and Lowes? Sounds great to me but I thought that the CCPS was traditionally run on Monday with the ECR at the CMP Memorial day event.
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

For CMP to start with. Too many people want to run the race but do not want to stay the extra day. We want to have something different each day. Can't tell you everything at this point but look for some fun changes in the monday schedule. We will post as soon as we confirm the supps. CMP memorial day will be one you do not want to miss this year.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

You going to the Rock?
    [/b]
    Yes, I'm running the rock. This will be my first experieince there. I ran Charlotte a few years ago (so it won't be y first roval experience). I'm running the SARRC, don't have a co-driver for the ECR. The car is a bath and a tech inspection away from being ready. It should have both by this weekend.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Excellent, wash her good.

I ran the test day in the Triumph over a year ago now. I liked the Rock. Not as fast or intimidating as Charlote, and the entrance into the infield is far less dangerous. The exit to the oval is tricky though, and you can whack your alignment or spoiler up pretty good on it.

See you down there.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

is the transition worse than charlotte? i guess i need to watch the video some more.
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

It can be. It's not like "shooting the gap" that you have to do at Charlotte, and it is a bit slower, but the exit onto the banking is a "fishook" shaped turn and it is very easy to hit the banking at a nearly straight up angle -- bad bad bad for spoiler and suspension.

The cool thing about the Rock is not that it is overly complicated, but that two of the most important corners -- the entry into the infield and the exit onto the oval -- have two equally as fast, but different lines. Should be fun.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8