Thread: 2nd Gen clutch pack limited slip

Need some help here!
    I'm running a clutch pack limited slip in my ITS car.It has the competiion clutch packing. After a couple of seasons on this setup I was wondering if I could check it's condition without disassembly. A friend suggested jacking up one rear wheel and measuring with a torque wrench (applied at the hub nut) the amount of torque neccessary to begin to turn the raised wheel. The wheel turned at approx.30#. This seemed low to me... but I have no spec for this setup!
    I'm wondering if any of you guys with this setup have tried this...and what at what torque the wheel turned?
    Knowing what a fresh one turns at would be great!

Thanks,
    BrianB
    #70 its NER

The same procedure is used on check a clutch type diff on a Miata. If it is less than 30#'s then the diff should be "refreshed".

That is about right if you don't run too many tracks with second gear corners. If the unit has not been reworked other than the clutch packs you should be good. Run it as loose as possible without wheelspin. The more you add preload, the more the car will push into the corner. That 30# goes up fast when you apply power and the ramps start to lock it up. Hope this helps.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)