Thread: Any one raced in ITR yet?

Just got back from my first race of 2007 with Calclub at Fontana. I cleaned up in ITR! Oh yeh, I was the only one entered.

Has anyone else raced in ITR yet? If so, I wonder who was the first person in the whole wide world to win ITR?
    John Norris
    ITR E36 BMW "sprint car" & ITS E36 "enduro car"
    "I vas too fast for racing and too low for flying"
    Hans Stuck jr

John, what were your lap times in ITR trim?
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Josh.

Fontana's a tricky one, there's a temporary wall at the outside of the last corner that is always in a slightly different place. That makes a difference since it's the last corner before flat footing it all around the banking.

Having said that. If I remember correctly my ITS record is 1:54.7 set on Toyos in 2004 (no restrictor) But that was a one off lap (some one had mowed down all the pylons at the apex of turn 3, the first left coming off the banking) that allowed me to get creative with the apex next time through! Generally I was turning mid 1:55's without the restrictor on Toyos. Last year with the 29mm restrictor I qualified on Toyos at 1:58.1 and raced with the new Hankook at 1:58.8.

For this year I just took the restrictor and about 60lbs out and qualified at 1:54.6 on Hoosiers and raced at 1:55.8 on Toyos. Right back were I was in 2004.

Probably with 17" wheels and Hoosiers I should get into the 53's. Check back in June.

John Norris
    ITR E36 BMW "sprint car" & ITS E36 "enduro car"
    "I vas too fast for racing and too low for flying"
    Hans Stuck jr

Yeah, I know, but wanted to get an idea. At least year's regional/national there in January, we were running 1:53s in the T2 Subarus. I'd been guessing that ITR speeds would be about the same, but was just wondering about that.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Just got back from my first race of 2007 with Calclub at Fontana. I cleaned up in ITR! Oh yeh, I was the only one entered.

Has anyone else raced in ITR yet? If so, I wonder who was the first person in the whole wide world to win ITR? [/b]
    Wished I could help you, but there is still 6" of snow here. Check back with me at the end of Apr., I'm planning on Summit Point, so I'm sure I won't be the only one. So you didn't run the 17's? Sounds to me like you need to start testing them. Come back east, we'll get you someone to dice with.

So you have set a new track record (and the first for ITR)! You can now say you have the fastest ITR car in the USA!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Sorry to get OT but would you say that Toyos are faster than Hankooks and Hoosiers beat 'em both? I figured that the Hankooks would have the long-lasting Toyos beat.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis