Lastly, I think the BOD needs to look at the national racing structure and how regions/divisions are treating it. More and more, regions are putting on nationals as an afterthought to their regional racing programs. When was the last time you saw a stand-alone national weekend? Now the national race schedule gets crammed in with regional races, enduros, "Pro-It" races, and PDX events. And then the region's race organizers complain about the low national race turnout!! I know that I as[/b]
I'm a big advocate of IT going National. But whether or not there are standalone National weekends is a very local question. Last year, I ran 3 National-only weekends (two were doubles), in three different regions (Cal Club/SoPac, San Francisco/NorPac, and Northwest/NorPac). So they still exist at least out here on the left coast.

I have enjoyed the last 12 years immensely but as each year passes the enjoyment wanes due to the increased hassles of national racing. [/b]
I agree. That's one of the reasons I'm switching to regional racing in 2007.

Oh, and if we're letting "survival of the fittest" be our guide to classes at the Runoffs I recommend that the BOD let ITR==>ITC also race at the national level. It would DEFINITELY increase the car counts at national race, perhaps negating the need for National/regional weekends.[/b]
I've written two letters to that effect in the last year. Would love to see it happen.