I've emailed Mark Senior (RE and all-around great guy) because I don't really know who's responsible for records.

Interesting that, if you'd asked me on November 2nd if that ITB record was cheated up, I would have thought, "yes." I don't think so much, now.

K [/b]
I have to jump in here and attempt to further legitimize that ITB record at VIR. I didn't do the lap, but I now own the 142e that did, having bought it from David Kerr after the 2004 season. Based on the condition (legally and otherwise) of the car as I received it, my money says it was legal when David did the 2:22 and change at VIR. The same car was also the ITB lap record holder at Beaverun for 2 or 3 years, until someone went a tenth or so faster in a VW this past season.

Hell... while I'm at it, I'll also go out on what I perceive to be a fairly stout limb and make a prediction - that same old Volvo, essentially unchanged from David K's configuration, will break the Hallett ITB record this coming Spring. It's already done a dozen or so laps below Chris Albin's record there, but unfortunately none were under SCCA sanction. Are you out there Chris? Are ya listening??? :P