Thread: tyrell

Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

I believe this is a cut from "Lap of the Gods", narrated by Murray Walker. It's a 2-hr, 2-DVD/VHS set of various in-car F1 videos, shot at all the F1 venues of the 70's and 80's, with varying camera mounts and technologies.

You'll see a condensed version pop up on Speed every once in a while. If you don't own it...well, you should. - GA

#1 Favorite car as a kid was Audi Quattro Trans AM Cars...

#2 favorite, was the 6 wheel Tyrell...

Thakns for the video

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I remember reading a story from Jodi Scheckter when he was driving that car. They were at Silverstone testing when one of the front wheels came off, no big deal it still has three left. So he drives it back into the pits like nothing happened to see how long before someone said something! Finally one of the mechanics noticed one wheel was off the car and starts looking around to see where it is.

I think this is one thing missing from current F1 cars. They are more restricted than IT cars! You can't do anything like the six wheeled Tyrell, the six wheeled Williams, the Brabham fan car or the Dual bodied Lotus. All the cars end up looking the same. I'd like to see one of the magazines take all of this years cars and paint them the same and then see how many people can tell a Ferrari from a Renault from a Honda etc.
    John Norris
    ITR E36 BMW "sprint car" & ITS E36 "enduro car"
    "I vas too fast for racing and too low for flying"
    Hans Stuck jr

[quote]
    #1 Favorite car as a kid was Audi Quattro Trans AM Cars...

Raymond, You make me feel real old. Worked Trans am Tech for several years well remember the Quattro's. A number of years ago Audi had a video of the Quattro in action. I recall they where run full throttle brakes where used to control the speed. Anyone have that video around???
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.