hey bmw itr racers!

i am currently working a clarification with the bmwcca crac to allow scca itr cars to race with bmwcca. currently there is no allowed class for us to play in over there. meet the its spec or bmwcca mod spec or hit the road. there is valid concern over the unknown performance potential of the itr cars against the jp and ip bmw classes. i have suggested that itr cars be allow to run "provisionally"...i.e. we don't count for points. this would allow bmwcca to directly compare performance of our cars against theirs so they can make an educated decision on where to class us/

what are your thoughts?

thanks,
marshall
[/b]
Hey Marshall,

Why don't you look at how I did at the Laguna-Seca race? Since this is not IT and they're concerned about performance potential. The ITR Z3 is actually heavier than the JP Z3 even thought the JP car is allowed Cams and the ITR car isn't. I suspect it's the 325 weight and dual classing that's causing the hang up, the rest of the cars are actually heavier than their JP equvallant. A couple of items to note is that it was my first race and I was new to Laguna-Seca, my car's 2500lbs all up so I'd need to add 300lbs to make ITR weight.

BMWCCA Fall Vintage Results

You'll note that my best time was quallifying on Sunday Morning of 1:47.414. This compaires to JP qualifying at 1:46.992 for Tom Bell to 1:41.797 for Lance Boicelli. I'd say the ITR Z3 poses little or not threat to JP cars because, they're heavier and they're not allowed cams, or lightened flywheels. Maybe the compromise is to make the ITR 325 run at the ITS weight in JP? How have you faired aginst JP cars in the past? I hope we can work through this impass.

James