Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: ECU Rules.....is it time? HELL YES!!!

Just an update...

So far we've gotten a dozen letters (that I have seen posted, there may be more in process) and I'm pleased to say that they are mostly well written and have adressed the reasons behind the writers opinion.

...keep it coming!!!

The CRB will, I think, be pleased with the response and the nature of it.

(Interestingly, people are suggesting directions that are not merely self serving, which has got to make us IT guys look like stars compared to a lot of the letters they get from..."other " categories. )
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

mine is in for door #2 please.

jake wasn't there something about the ITAC holding letters written on this topic from the past month so that they could all be submitted at once? how many letters on the subject total over the last 45 days or so?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Travis, I just looked back to September and saw only one, and that person has resubmitted with the current batch. There MAY be more that I have missed. IF anyone here submitted one before this request was published, please respond here with your name so I can dig further, OR, if it was electronic, just resumbit a copy. If you think of it, indicate that you are sending in a copy of a previous letter for inclusion in the ECU input request. That way we'll be sure to not double count it, but it's not like we have a couple hundred letters, so we'd probably spot the redundant ones.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Just an update...

So far we've gotten a dozen letters (that I have seen posted, there may be more in process) and I'm pleased to say that they are mostly well written and have adressed the reasons behind the writers opinion.

...keep it coming!!!

The CRB will, I think, be pleased with the response and the nature of it.

(Interestingly, people are suggesting directions that are not merely self serving, which has got to make us IT guys look like stars compared to a lot of the letters they get from..."other " categories. )
    [/b]

It's good to know that this forum CAN be used as a viable tool.

Has anyone heard anything about the NEW ECU rule? Does anyone know which way the CRB is leaning?

Has anyone heard anything about the NEW ECU rule? Does anyone know which way the CRB is leaning?

[/b]
    Yes...but but, it's not yet finalized.

I can say this. The CRB went out of it's way to give huge props to the IT guys who have responded so far. First, response has been pretty good. we're up to 37 letters so far, and as these things go, thats a very very good showing. But more importantly, the CRB is impressed with two other items: the relative depth of the responses, and the fact that many responders commented on the fact that they were thirilled with the CRBs approach.

As this is an ITAC initiated item, we will reprint the request for input again. I know this might seem redundant, but it has been pointed out that there are some racers who do not eat sleep and breath on their computer, and with the recent conversion of Fastrack from paper to digital media, it is important to try to reach all interested parties.

So, if you know anyone who doens't hang here, or has an opinion, they need to get out their pens...we'll even take (gasp!) written repsonses!

And thanks guys, you've made us look good....heck, at this rate, the CRB will make us a National class! kidding....kinda.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Jake, Thanks for keeping us up to date. No matter what is decided I apreciate the way it has been handled.

Chuck
    ITA Pontiac Fiero #34

Anyone shed some light on the Availabilty of " A Number of inexpensive EMS" I'm always interested in "inexpensive" items for racing. T Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Jake, Thanks for keeping us up to date. No matter what is decided I apreciate the way it has been handled.

Chuck
    ITA Pontiac Fiero #34 [/b]
    To all the good people that have written letters to the CRB and have been objective. to the ITAC for helping us to keep objective and to the CRB who I would think, appriciates the objectivity of the letters. I certaintly have learned a lot from all the discussions, about the people and the subject.

CRB who I would think, appriciates the objectivity of the letters. [/b]

APRIL FASTRACK

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT" !?!?

CRB who I would think, appriciates the objectivity of the letters.

Now if they can find time to do something with the info they got.???

APRIL FASTRACK

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT" !?!?

CRB who I would think, appriciates the objectivity of the letters.

Now if they can find time to do something with the info they got.???
    [/b]

Dan, this is something that has to be right. I raised the issue of people not even knowing that this is going on. I e-mailed 10 of my customers that don't go to the website and have not seen the fastrack... I also raised the issue of the choices not being exactly fair and balanced in the way they were presented. I hope the CRB takes what ever time is needed to get it right. You should contact John Norris and ask him how to make your BMW fast cause he has a full handle it.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Dan, this is something that has to be right. I raised the issue of people not even knowing that this is going on. I e-mailed 10 of my customers that don't go to the website and have not seen the fastrack... I also raised the issue of the choices not being exactly fair and balanced in the way they were presented. I hope the CRB takes what ever time is needed to get it right. You should contact John Norris and ask him how to make your BMW fast cause he has a full handle it. [/b]

Do you realize that on June 11th 1776 Thomas Jefferson was asked to draft what is now our "Declaration of Independence", and late on July 4th it was going to the printers after the revisions have been made? On August 2nd 1776 the document was being signed. That was ONLY 52 days.

Do you realize that on June 11th 1776 Thomas Jefferson was asked to draft what is now our "Declaration of Independence", and late on July 4th it was going to the printers after the revisions have been made? On August 2nd 1776 the document was being signed. That was 52 days.
    [/b]

And yor point is? Ever give any thought to the idea that after all this they may change nothing? Ever give any thought to the idea that the CRB or the ITAC is not the final word on this deal? What ever rule comes out of this most of the membership need to support it or in the end IT will end up with a fw guys and their laptops tunning to their hearts desire while 100's of other competitors build another set of IT style classes that are absed more on what we have now than we we will become. The Fastrack should have never been removed from the sportscar magazine as that was the only way to be sure ALL of your driving members got it.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Do you realize that on June 11th 1776 Thomas Jefferson was asked to draft what is now our "Declaration of Independence", and late on July 4th it was going to the printers after the revisions have been made? On August 2nd 1776 the document was being signed. That was 52 days.
    [/b]

do you realize how not hard it is to say "screw you guys."
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

do you realize how not hard it is to say "screw you guys." [/b]
    Anyone have any updates?

Anyone shed some light on the Availabilty of " A Number of inexpensive EMS" I'm always interested in "inexpensive" items for racing. T Weaver
    [/b]
    Inexpensive EMS???????
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Dan,

This isn't something that is going through this year. As a major change within the rules, the CRB will take their desire to the BoD for approval. It would be for 2008.

HST, this months FT should have an additional request for member comment, this time with only two options: Chips/daughterboards and reflashes only - or opening it up by removing the 'in the stock box' rule. See FT for exact wording.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Inexpensive EMS??????? [/b]
    Everything is relative.....
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Inexpensive EMS??????? [/b]
    Megasquirt kit < $200

Megasquirt fully assembled < $500

Chris Ludwig S5 RX-7 Plug-n-Play = $500

I haven&#39;t paid any attention to other options.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Another month pass! Oh they did say they got 35 letters, then adjourned. All that work must have tired them out. I&#39;m not getting any younger.