Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: ECU Rules.....is it time? HELL YES!!!

Another month pass! Oh they did say they got 35 letters, then adjourned. All that work must have tired them out. I'm not getting any younger.

[/b]
    2008. Didn't we say that?

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

yo dj,
    if yer holding your breath, you will be blue or dead before anything is finalized. we are going out for more member input on some changed options. reality is we have only heard from an extremely small segment of the IT racers. the itac talks a bit about this topic every month, but there is no clear way ahead yet. there will not be a change to the rules in this area this year. if we do anyting it will be for 2008.

marshall

ps - order some dang rain tires and git yur butt down to summit thursday night!

This is one of those deals where some think the "right way" is clear as day, others think it's clear as mud, LOL.

We ARE getting GREAT input...probably the best by far that I've seen since I've been on the ITAC, but the CRB isn't going to make such a large sweeping change without being very certain of the facts etc. and they feel time is needed to do so, as does the ITAC.

One thing seems to be working in the ITACs favor is the relative current success that IT seems t be enjoying from early race reports. We have reports of full fields, lots of diversity, and some cars thought to have been relegated to also ran status are poking their heads out, so whatever changes that have been made seem to be working. That will give the CRB and the BoD some confidence in listening to what the ITAC proposes when the time comes.

But remember, the ITAC makes the proposal and does the research, hands that over to the CRB with an opinion, the CRB goes to the BoD with a recommendation and the BoD makes the actual call.

So...if you know a CRB member, or a BoD guy, bend their ear at the next race!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I'm just really glad that we are as informed of this potential change as we are. We are completing a 'total build' IT motor right now, and may have made engine management changes as well if we did not know this discussion was happening. As it is, we will just perform some maintenance on the current system, tune it and go racing, secure in the knowledge that by next offseason we will know what our options are.

So just get something to the BoD in time for an October decision :026:
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

yo dj,
    if yer holding your breath, you will be dead before anything is finalized. marshall
    ps - order some dang rain tires and git yur butt down to summit thursday night! [/b]
    You may be right on this Marshall.

This is one of those deals where some think the "right way" is clear as day, others think it's clear as mud, LOL.

We ARE getting GREAT input...probably the best by far that I've seen since I've been on the ITAC, but the CRB isn't going to make such a large sweeping change without being very certain of the facts etc. and they feel time is needed to do so, as does the ITAC.

One thing seems to be working in the ITACs favor is the relative current success that IT seems t be enjoying from early race reports. We have reports of full fields, lots of diversity, and some cars thought to have been relegated to also ran status are poking their heads out, so whatever changes that have been made seem to be working. That will give the CRB and the BoD some confidence in listening to what the ITAC proposes when the time comes.

But remember, the ITAC makes the proposal and does the research, hands that over to the CRB with an opinion, the CRB goes to the BoD with a recommendation and the BoD makes the actual call.

So...if you know a CRB member, or a BoD guy, bend their ear at the next race!
    [/b]

You guys know what's going on with this. We don't, unless someone informs us.

we know no changes will take effect until 08.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

You guys know what's going on with this. We don't, unless someone informs us.

[/b]
    I'm not sure I follow.

So let me be completely upfront.

We, (the ITAC/CR got a internal item requireing discussion. We discussed it, and put it out for member input.

We have gotten great input. ANd continue to do so, including yours, Dan.

The ITAC will at the end of the input period, discuss it again, taking into account the comments we've gotten. The CRB willbe in on those discussions.

At the end of those discussions, a direction will be decided, and sent to the entire CRB for their discussion.

THat much is clear. Now, at that point, the CRB could:
    Bounce it back for adjustment, rewording or..
    Reject it completley, or...
    Overrule and change it, or...
    Accept it and put it on the agenda for their meeting with the BoD.

If it's anything but the second choice, it goes to the BoD in some form, and the BoD either accepts it or rejects it.

If they accept it, it goes on the books for 08, if they reject it, it comes back and gets either reworked, and put on the agenda for the next BoD meeting, or dropped.

So, what I was trying to suggest was, that the direction is undecided at this point. You have given your input, but there are many up the line who will have influence over the final direction. And the REAL point was that, it is in your best interests to have your "people" (anyone you know thats on the CRB or the BoD) to know where YOU stand on the issue.

And, to give an example, lets say we (ITAC) say to the CRB, "Option 3" and the CRB says, OK! Now, you (Dan Jones) have gone to your BoD guy and said "Vote YES if they give you a proposal for option 3", Well, your director now has further reason to approve the proposal. Same goes for the opposite. Basically, let those you know know where you stand. You might be surprised what you can get done, or can learn about the club.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com