Thread: "Crash Video's"

What does everyone (but probably not those that read these forums) want to see??? Yes close racing, but mostly crashes... I figured we could have a thread with links to video's showing some "incidents." A short description of the incident would be cool with the link so we know what we are about to view!!! Heck maybe we will get a good list of incidents and maybe it will draw people to the site and actually recruite a few "outsiders."

I will start with just one I noticed tonight... This one is from Lime Rock Park, CT. I am not sure when or who it is, but they certainly show us how not to apply the brakes in a spin, and what the end result will/could be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzemeETDCY

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

that was Bill Zietler at the lrp national. the vidio does not do it justice the LF corner was creamed.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Assuming you mean real drivers and not crash dummies (I know, sometimes you can't tell the difference ), right click on the last video on the page here, titled BAM 2.

This is Rene Hines in T12 at the ARRC in 2005. The SM ahead of her checks up and dirfts wide. She does a good job of squeezing through and just about the time you think she's going to make it she gets punted into the wall.

There is a good slow motion segment followed by shameless capitalism.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Jeez...he was OFF the track it seems and then ROLLED backwards back on it! Not good.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I prefer the "failed crash attempts" like the 944 at Road America, that manages to hit NOTHING in one of the biggest spins I've seen in a long time. There was another floating around, of an SSC Civic carrying just a hint of tire-screaming oversteer through a long left-hander. I should just start ripping the good ones when I see them.

K

The 944 at Road America is a guy I know pretty well. On the last lap of qualifying he talked himself into taking the Kink flat out. I was not there but I guess he swore up and down he spun several times and was pretty pale after the incident. Unfortunately, his brand new in-car video did not work. I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week!

Steve

The guy behind him caught it on video. I saw it on YouTube last week, but can't find it now.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

I prefer the "failed crash attempts" like the 944 at Road America, that manages to hit NOTHING in one of the biggest spins I've seen in a long time.[/b]
    You mean like this one: VIR SPIN . Try as I might, I couldn't find anything to run into that day.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Right Click Here

Please right click save as. MARRS race turn 4 Summit Point. Don't know how I didn't hit him.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

I bounced off the back wall at Waterford at about 70mph, and drove away - but caught it on video this time around:
    http://vaughanscott.com/videos/race2_06/Ra...crash_front.mpg
    And from the rear camera:
    http://vaughanscott.com/videos/race2_06/Ra..._crash_rear.mpg

Also another off - but just spun out from 1st, hit nothing...
    http://vaughanscott.com/videos/race2_06/Ra...eature_Lap3.mpg
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

geez spanky,
    didnt the fiesta driver see you filling up his rear view mirror well before that turn?
    Not much situational awareness going on there...
    Prolly totaled the fiesta eh?
    "Entropy sucks"

ReSpeed
    2006 ARRC IT-7 Champion
    2006 PRO-IT IT-7 Champion

geez spanky,
    didnt the fiesta driver see you filling up his rear view mirror well before that turn?
    Not much situational awareness going on there...
    Prolly totaled the fiesta eh?
    [/b]
    He said that he knew I was there but he didn't think I would make the pass, and yes unfortunately the car was totaled.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Doggone, Russ!! I knew that you car had "gotten bent", but I didn't know where it'd happened at RA. I know that ITS #81 wasn't around long (I know who this is, but can't remember their name). What was their explanation?

Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Doggone, Russ!! I knew that you car had "gotten bent", but I didn't know where it'd happened at RA. I know that ITS #81 wasn't around long (I know who this is, but can't remember their name). What was their explanation?
    [/b]
    LOL, yeah it was a pretty good hit. I'll keep the names out of it, but The red IT7 tried to pass the white ITS 7 (81) on the outside when i was on the inside. 81 moves outside to give me room, not realizing that the red it7 was trying to make a pass, makes contact with him, which spins 81 right in front of me with nowhere to go. Probably wouldn't have been an issue at all if it wasn't raining. That's racin...
    ReSpeed
    2006 ARRC IT-7 Champion
    2006 PRO-IT IT-7 Champion

I'll leave the names out as well, but I see the driver of the red #7 on a pretty regular basis. I'll let him know about this video so he can see. I, too, run IT7 on occasion. Hope that I can avoid being involved in something similar.

Scott Franklin
    www.NutDriver.org
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C