Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the rock

Thanks guys, car ran good. The real test on the brake improvements will be CMP.

Steve, great run in the Cup especially with the issue you had. I imagine the car didn't want to pull out of turn 1, etc. You think you can get it fixed by CMP? Hope you get to run some SARRCs with us this year. CMP already has 8 ITS cars signed up and some regulars aren't on there. We might get a 12-15 car ITS field at CMP so the racing should be a lot of fun. Hope you make it.

Hoop, great run in the Rex. You going to try and make CMP?

Rockingham was great. A good finish is always a boost, but I liked the track a lot more than I thought I would. Very racy place. It's no VIR, but VIR is so long it can turn into such a parade sometimes.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jeff, I agree about the track. It was much more fun thatn I had expected. Turn's 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 were all good passing opportunities in the Honda. I need just a little more top end to take full advantage, but still it was a nice change vs VIR. I love VIR, but with only 2 or 3 places to pass in a "momentum car" it gets a little old... not to mention this place is cheaper!

No, I won't be on track again until the SARRC/MARRS. Melinda and I are going to Naples for Easter, and I will be out of town the whole moth of April for work.

Wished I could... it's easy to get greedy

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Just wanted to throw my $0.02 in...

First time at the track, I qualified poorly for both the Carolina Cup and SARRC. Then I got crashed on Lap 1 coming off the oval in the CCPS. Could have been a really lousy weekend.

However.....

thanks to good friends, a good crew and help from people I didn't even know and the car got banged out quickly. I actually logged a finish in the CCPS. More banging that night and a pep talk in the morning led to a really fun SARRC race. Good close racing, passed my share of cars and then some. I finished out of the money, but I will definitely be back there next time!

I know we find reasons to complain about the club and how it is run from time to time, but RACERS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!

Thanks to everybody!

Mike Spencer
    NC Region
    ITA/7 RX-7 #60
    IT7R RX-7 #37 (build in process)
    1990 Classic Red Miata
    2004 "Winning Blue" RX-8

Congratulations to everyone for a great race weekend! The Rock is awesome.

Jeff.. It looks like you made the right move by saving the brakes for the SARRC. Good run!! I just wish you could have run the CCPS as well. Who knows how it would have turned out?? I ended up losing 3rd gear and ran around in 4th for the last part of the race. It was wierd passing people on the banking just to point them by in the infield.
    [/b]
    Congrats Steve!

Congrats Steve!
    [/b]
    Thanks!! I hope we go back to The Rock soon!!
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

The best race of the weekend came when Kent Thompson and Chris H ran door to door for the first half of the SARRC race. They took off from the rest of the ITS field and traded the lead numerous times. Everyone on the roof of the media center seem to really enjoy the battle. A great clean race.

I had nothing for Kent and Chris. They checked out, and then about 1/2 way through, looked like Chris had a problem adn then recovered. Ben, did you guys see what happened to him?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Mike glad you were able to get back out and finish the CCP race. Your car looked worse than it was under the sheet metal when you pulled into the garage. Hope to see you run a ECR soon.

Kurt A Jackson IT7 #00 & #59