Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the rock

does any one know if regristration is open for the race at the rock on march 10 th?

Hey Manny, the registration is not yet open. I'll check with registrar and post her estimated time.
    Scott Gallimore
    worker, nat comp license, IT-7 driver,
    North Carolina Region Board of Directors, Member at Large

Thank you. Since VIR was cancelled i'd like to be ready for the rock.

Manny, Ginny Condrey tells me the plan is to have the online registration available one month before the event. So look for it around Feb 10th.
    Scott Gallimore
    worker, nat comp license, IT-7 driver,
    North Carolina Region Board of Directors, Member at Large

Red face

Just in case there's anyone else besides me who has never been there, go check out

http://www.specmiatavideos.com/race_videos.htm

and scroll down to Rockingham. There are two full-race videos.
    Mike Spencer
    NC Region
    ITA/7 RX-7 #60
    IT7R RX-7 #37 (build in process)
    1990 Classic Red Miata
    2004 "Winning Blue" RX-8

I enjoyed the test day there in 05. I think the place will "race" pretty well. The banking is fun and not as intimidating as Lowe's, and the entrance to the infield far more forgiving.

Only real "issue" is the entrance to the banking. That is a ROUGH transition if you get it wrong. It will be broken spoiler (or worse) land I am sure.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

www.trackpedia.com has a nice page on the track, videos, telemetry, turn-by-turn guides, etc

the entrance to the infield is pretty interesting, makes for some great racing because of the 2 vastly different "good" lines
    Ken Brewer
    1991 Toyota MR2 - retired NASA TT car, Daily Driver
    1994 Toyota MR2 - ex-SSB car -> NASA PTE/SCCA ITA

this may sound stupid but i have to ask, for the 2007 racing year does your car have to have 2 side bars on each side?

for those that are interested, the schedule and supps are now up available http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm

it would appear that the ECR has been split into 2 groups... interesting.
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

it would appear that the ECR has been split into 2 groups... interesting.
    [/b]
    As I recall, they've always run 2 groups for the ECRs at Rockingham, that track is just too small to fit everyone. Also, the banking would be asking for trouble with ITS (ITR?) cars on the track at the same time as the ITC guys.

Hopefully it is an oversight that ITR was not included in the ECR group, and they'll get to run after all.

Grafton

We'll be there in ITC for the Carolina Cup and ECR. Who else for ITC?

Thanks Hoop.

BLESS IT -- they put ITS in with SM and SRF again. Why that? That's a crappy, crappy run group.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

does any one know if regristration is open for the race at the rock on march 10 th?
    [/b]
    Registration is open, I just registered yesterday. Go to the NC region calendar for the link.
    Jim Wray
    #4 ITB Wraycer Wrabbit
    Greensboro, NC

Add one more ITB car. Registered this morning.
    Richard Floyd
    1987 CRX Si #90 ITB

2006 SARRC ITB Champion

...That's a crappy, crappy run group.
    [/b]
    Jeff,

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! Moving ITS means that I don't have to worry so much about getting run over!!!

Seriously, I know running with SRF is no fun (you just don't see 'em) but is it just a matter of dodging all the Miatas??? You guys are still the fastest class in the group.
    Mike Spencer
    NC Region
    ITA/7 RX-7 #60
    1990 Classic Red Miata
    2004 "Winning Blue" RX-8

A good SRF is as fast as an ITS car, and the fastest ones are usually a second or two faster than the best S cars.

In that run group, I get stuck in a mass of SRFs since I'm a mid pack S car. I'm faster than them on the straights, but they dive bomb under braking and pass me in corners, in places where I am committed to a particular line.

Running with SRFs is like combat. Not knocking them or their driving skills, they are just very different cars from us.

They have split start the Miatas in the past so I have not seen them, but teh very top SMs are scary enough as fast as a midpack S car........maybe not at the Rock though, we'll see.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

...they dive bomb under braking and pass me in corners, in places where I am committed to a particular line....
    [/b]
    been there, done that. an SRF came up on my left going into 10 at VIR last fall. Had to bail and I ended up off DR going down the hill sideways.

...but teh very top SMs are scary enough as fast as a midpack S car........maybe not at the Rock though, we'll see.
    [/b]
    Never been there, but Rockingham seems to be much more about straighaway speed and less so about cornering. Maybe you'll luck out!

In any case, I hope to see you there!
    Mike Spencer
    NC Region
    ITA/7 RX-7 #60
    1990 Classic Red Miata
    2004 "Winning Blue" RX-8

Definitely MIke, hope to see you there as well.

Honestly, a lot of my beef with the run groups is that I know the guys in S, A and 7, and know (and trust) how they drive. When I see ricky t., or Tristan, or Steve E. or Jay M. or Steve P. or Chris H. or Russ B. or Robert M. or Rex or Chris N. etc. etc. etc. etc. I know exactly what to expect.

They guy in the yellow SRF may be a great driver, but I have no idea who it is.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Honestly, a lot of my beef with the run groups is that I know the guys in S, A and 7, and know (and trust) how they drive. When I see ricky t., or Tristan, or Steve E. or Jay M. or Steve P. or Chris H. or Russ B. or Robert M. or Rex or Chris N. etc. etc. etc. etc. I know exactly what to expect.[/b]
    So what are you saying about those stuck in C and B? hmmmm?
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Hoop, not a thing, not a thing. My run group usually is S/A/7, and I know those guys. SRF and SM I don't.

Don't know a lot of B and C drivers cause I don't usually run with them, but at least I can SEE their cars and at least their cars are not bouncing off of each other........
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8