Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

Saturday,
    30 minute Qualifying
    45 minute/ 25 lap race ( Lap times set the grid for Sunday morning )

Sunday,
    30 minute / 15 lap qualifying race ( Sets the grid for Last race)
    45 minute/ 25 lap race
    [/b]
    25 lap races!?!? Now that's just all kinds of wrong...you're really trying to temp me to pass on my MARRS weekend aren't you? If the car ends up running as well as I expect it to this year I may not be able to pass on this.

Even more so if Rick B. decides to show up; after the driving lesson he gave me at Summit (in his B car no less) I'll be looking for some payback .

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Earl,

Suck it up and pass on the MARRS event. :P Us N.E. guys will be passing on a Lime Rock event.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Now remember that's 25 laps if everyone plays nice! You still can't win the race on the first lap. LOL

Todd

You weren't already planning on it? You're not afraid of a few New England Region guys, are ya?
    [/b]
    'Course not - it's home ground! Only afraid of not having the money to go...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

'Course not - it's home ground! Only afraid of not having the money to go...
    [/b]
    Better start putting the money in the piggy bank now!
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

You missed it 3 posts above yours!

[/b]
    My brain is mush from 70 hour weeks. Thanks.

You missed it 3 posts above yours!

Marty, do you see what happens when you post after your bedtime? :P
    [/b]
    Probably dementia setting in.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Now remember that's 25 laps if everyone plays nice! You still can't win the race on the first lap. LOL

Todd
    [/b]
    Hmm, and that brings forth concerns about tire management, fuel loads, and minimum weights for those that are using fuel as ballast. Plus, if it's a scorcher of a weekend weather-wise, driver fitness and comfort.
    And guys like Downing will need to install a cigarette lighter so they can enjoy a lung rocket mid-race...
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Steve,

I've got the stock lighter in the car... I just need to get an open face helmet and I'm set! I'll start working on that soon! How pissed will you be when I pass you and flick the butt onto your hood!!! :P
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Steve,

I've got the stock lighter in the car... I just need to get an open face helmet and I'm set! I'll start working on that soon! How pissed will you be when you pass me and I try to flick the butt onto your hood!!! :P
    [/b]
    Fixed that for you....
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Thumbs up

2 points X your finishing position (1st - 2, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 6, etc) RACE 1 Sat afternoon

1 point X your finishing position (1st - 1, 2nd - 2, 3rd - 3, etc) Qual Race Sun morn.

2 points X your finishing position (1st - 2, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 6, etc) Race 2 Sun afternoon.

Lowest point total wins. Ties go to better placing finisher on Sunday afternoon race.
    [/b]
    What do DNF's count for? Might be a better idea to go for the higher score.

1st=20 pts
    2nd=18pt
    3rd=16pt
    4th=14pt
    5th=13pt
    6th=12pt
    Each position after that down to 16th would receive 1 point less than the finishing position in front of it.

17th and on back would recieve 1 point

Double the points for saturday & sunday

Ties are broken by sundays race like Andy said

Option if more than 17 cars in class (think ITA, ITB, SM) you also get one point for each car you beat in class. I know, I know, some people dont have enough fingers & toes to do all this math.

Just an idea

Jon

What do DNF's count for? Might be a better idea to go for the higher score.

1st=20 pts
    2nd=18pt
    3rd=16pt
    4th=14pt
    5th=13pt
    6th=12pt
    Each position after that down to 16th would receive 1 point less than the finishing position in front of it.

17th and on back would recieve 1 point

Double the points for saturday & sunday

Ties are broken by sundays race like Andy said

Option if more than 17 cars in class (think ITA, ITB, SM) you also get one point for each car you beat in class. I know, I know, some people dont have enough fingers & toes to do all this math.

Just an idea

Jon [/b]
    When you DNF, you still have a finishing position that you can assign points to.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

After thinking about it, I think I'm ok with what Andy proposed of having the two afternoon races worth an equal amount (2X), and the Sunday morning race being half that (1X). With Dave's idea of making the Sunday afternoon race a 3X points, that's too much, IMO. Picking up three points per postion over your competitors is a lot and puts too much emphasis on the last race. Think about the last round of Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, or Family Fued - values become too high and make the previous 20 minutes meaningless; I always hated that. I think making the third race the tiebreaker is enough of a "cookie" to give it
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Your only competing for the overall against cars in your own class not for the overall in the race group. So a DNF may put you at the back of the field but you would only be down the points in your own class.

Todd

I think with this schedule you guys have made this event a "No Brainer" I have to go to Mid Ohio! It will probably be 1 of 3 events this year for me it seems that good!

AS far as points I like Andies idea and it seems to work to keep the competition tight! Who is the trophy person for this event? I think that whoever it is needs to really decide on an awesome prize and keep it consistant year to year. Cheaper individual small plaques for 1-3 on the 2 races then an awesome trophy for the overal Mid-Ohio I.T. Festival Champion! Another cool thing I have seen in the past is the "passing of the trophy" year to year with everyones name on it. I've always thaught that was cool as well.

Stephen

One other thing I wanted to ask... Is this a Double event with 2 sanction #'s to cover my Lic. Requirments?

Thanks,
    Stephen

Well, I just finished making up my race schedule for 2007, and if all goes according to plan, count me in for an ITB slot at Mid-Ohio! With the format and the amount of racing seat time, this sounds too good to pass up! I will forgo the race at Lime Rock (and the NARRC points) to get a chance at this track. Having followed the Runoffs for years, the track looks fast and a blast. Now I'll get a chance at it, as well as seeing how I stack up against ITB'ers from the Midwest! And no matter how that turns out, it sounds like everyone is coming into this IT Festival with the right attitude.

Ray, Stephen, Dave - we should start planning our convoy to Ohio soon! Let's see if we can get a few more ITB racers from up here in the Northeast to head out west for some fun.

Anyway, it sounds great and kudo's to all those who have put the time and effort into making this happen. And I agree with an earlier statement / post - in the future, you should keep this weekend date intact, and let the other regions schedule around it.

Looking forward to August!

Tim M.
    ITB
    Tim Mullen
    # 86 ITB
    2006 NERRC Champion - ITB
    2006 NARRC Champion - ITB

This is a Double Restricted Regional so yes it has two sanctioning numbers. Also the trophies are being worked on. We hope to make them something you'll be proud to put on display. The large trophy for each class is a neat idea the problem is what do you do with it between events ?? My wife wouldn't let me store them all at my house. LOL

Todd

P.S. Don't forget to put your name on the " Who's going" topic, which can also be found on this thread. Thanks again for all the input it really helps.

Regarding trophies.

What makes an event special is, among other things, the history. You've got a great track, a great format, and I think you'll see a great response. Now, if you want to creat a lineage, why not have a perpetual trophy? The Americas Cup is the classic example.

Each class gets a cool cup/trophy with a large base. On the base goes a small plaque with the winners name and the year. He takes home a small version of it to keep forever, but he also gets the big version after the plaque is made to keep for the year. Then he returns it for the next winner..which could be him, who knows.

Trophies like that are huge incentives and add a TON of prestige. Highly recommended, even if they are a bit of a pain to manage. In this case, there aren't THAT many classes, so it's wll worth the effort.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Then he returns it for the next winner..which could be him, who knows. [/b]
    Cool in theory, but would imagine it would be difficult to get the trophies back each year. You'll cause a lot of grief to yourself if you do this. Do get nice trophies, something different than a traditional plaque. I know this sounds a bit silly, but get decent sized winners / checkered flags (not the smaller versions). On the flag, put "IT Festival Winner, 2007"

Are you planning on doing a website for this event? Or if you just want a page or two, I could help out by hosting / creating something for free. On it, include info. about the event, pictures of the track, a few videos, post winners info. and pictures, and some other cool stuff.

Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

What you do is have a HUGE Championship trophy (like the Stanley Cup) that each winner gets to hold and get his picture taken with, drink bubbly out of, etc. The Region takes that one and engraves the IT/SM winners on it each year - and is the custodian. Smaller replicas are given out to the podium guys/gals with their respective position/class on it - right at the event.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Tim M. glad your coming. I'm looking forward to August also.

Andy, The Stanley Cup? ...... It must be snowing in NER. LOL!

Dave, I like the Flag idea that sounds neat.