Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

Hey, I better be seeing you much sooner than that! Hopefully in the rearview...

I'm eyeing that event at The Glen pretty hard too. I think the Integra would likey very much.
    [/b]
    You'll see us before that! You have your race schedule together yet? I'm going to be in Japan and Arizona most of the Spring, but I've been thinking about these races:

04/21-04/22: NASA Race at Mid-Ohio

04/28-04/29: MARRS Race at Summit Point (If we can find some way to get the cars there!)

05/26-05/27: SCCA Race at Grattan

06/02-06/03: SCCA Race at Mid-Ohio

07/14-07/15: NASA Race at Mid-Ohio

07/28-07/29: SCCA Race at Watkins Glen

08/10-08/12: IT Championships at Mid-Ohio

08/18-08/19: NASA Championships at Mid-Ohio

Greg, see above, the Watkins Glen race at the end of July... Do all of you NE guys go to that one? I'd hate to beat you all at one of your "home" tracks I'm very excited to see how Andy's Miata and Greg's NX will do at Mid-Ohio!!! My dad also wanted to let you guys know you'll all be racing for 3rd, not 2nd

--------------------------------------------------
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

ITA - Joe Moser - Honda CRX Si - August 31, 2005 - 1:43.388
    ITB - Scott Hileman - VW GTI - October 8, 2006 - 1:47.777
    ITC - Devin Box - Honda Civic - October 8, 2006 - 1:48.503
    ITS - Dan Jones - BMW 325 - October 8, 2006 - 1:43.327

Can you now see why I didn't want ITS and ITA to run in the same group at Mid Ohio? Also, as you can probably imagine, we had great weather October 8, 2006. I even ran a 1:43.309 in that mornings qualifying. I know, not an official track record, but I just wanted to remind Joey. :P

Those are all some pretty tough times, but I could see a couple of them falling if we get blessed with nice weather at the IT Festival. Except for maybe Devin's ITC record; that's just an absolutely insane time for an ITC car! [/b]

Kevin,

I agree with you 100% on this. This was my 1st time @ Mid O since they repaved the track and cut down the curbing. I was pissed at myself for not going faster after I analyzed my driving and the track. No matter what, the classes are just to close to each others times and would definately cause some kind of conflict. I think the ITA race will be one for the books, the last thing you need is another class screwing up your race.

Dan

You'll see us before that! You have your race schedule together yet?[/b]
    Yes, I have a good idea. I'll see you at the Grattan Memorial Day weekend event, because I just love the beatings I receive from the CRX's there. You won't be seeing me at any of the NASA events, but I'll still be rooting for you. I'd love to see another GLDiv IT racer step up and beat them all at their own game again. I briefly thought about that Summit race in April, but it's a "doubtful".

Greg, see above, the Watkins Glen race at the end of July... Do all of you NE guys go to that one? I'd hate to beat you all at one of your "home" tracks

My dad also wanted to let you guys know you'll all be racing for 3rd, not 2nd
    [/b]
    Oh, this is nice. Support. I might just take today off.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Stephen, both Scott Hileman and Chris Wilke are tough at Mid Ohio. You may remember Chris from the ARRC as he's made some runs there, including getting his old VW totalled on the start of the '04 (I think) race from the front row. That's ok though, his new one is faster and better looking. I know that you guys have some great ITB cars over there, but I imagine there will be a GLDiv car or two mixed in there with you.

Oh yea, and I've also decided that your username is too long. Please advise. :P
    [/b]

Ya I agree on it being to long... Maybe I will have to create another username I got rid of my picture thing in my sig. because I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller and it took up half a page!

Ya I expect the local region to be tough and I really hope that some people from other regions come as well. I haven't seen many people from ITB chiming in so I'm trying to throw some fire to get others to chirp up! I hope to do well but since that will most likely be my first race of the season I don't expect to be super duper fast! (And I have never been there before) I am certainly going to try and with all the track time tht they have planned I would expect to be pretty fast (not super fast) by the end of the weekend if the car is running fine. I know I should do a test and tune before but it's not in the plans. I am definetly going to watch so I figure a few hundred extra to race isn't a big deal! I can't wait! When are we starting the planning on the caravan to MO, It's time to put in Vacation time already!

Stephen

...the Watkins Glen race at the end of July... Do all of you NE guys go to that one?[/b]
    I went last summer and dropped in a new UNBEATABLE lap record on the long course (I'm not even sure *I* can do it again!) so the gauntlet has been tossed; I won't decide about this year until later.

I'd hate to beat you all at one of your "home" tracks [/b]
    See, that the best part: when we go to Mid-Ohio, you're EXPECTED to do well. If one of us loses, well too bad, right, 'home track advantage' and all that?

However, when we show up from out of town and kick your collective butts, it's gonna be something you'll have to face the home crowd with for a whole 'nother year...! And I don't wanna hear no whinin' and complainin' and excuses, 'K?

I haven't seen many people from ITB chiming in so I'm trying to throw some fire to get others to chirp up! [/b]
    I guess we're just not as experienced at trash talking as others. Maybe a special new thread titled "Greg and Kevin's trash talk" would be a good place for us to learn. Here, I'll give it a shot. Stephen, I betcha I'll kick you're butt in the PDX event!! LOL
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Hey, just for giggles, whats the IT7 scene like there? Who's the guy to follow to show me the fast way around?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Hey, just for giggles, whats the IT7 scene like there? Who's the guy to follow to show me the fast way around?
    [/b]

Rich Miller used to be one of the ones to beat, but he sold his car last year. I saw some 7's at Mid-O last year running 46's if memory serves.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

That sounds pretty respectable...I'll have to have my best effort to be anywhere near the hunt....I look forward to learning a new track
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

That sounds pretty respectable...I'll have to have my best effort to be anywhere near the hunt....I look forward to learning a new track [/b]

Jake, it's really a shame we can't take people around in our street cars, I can show you a lot better & quicker than I can tell you. I wouldn't mind taking my M3 around Mid O @ about 5 or 6 th's. I'm sure everyone will be more than helpful and like others, my office door will be always open.

We have a charity event up here every year and at the end of the first track day, they let street cars out for slightly-faster-than parade laps. No passing, just a view of the track.

If MO wanted to step up, they could donate the proceeds from say, $10 a car-load per lap to a local charity?

Think outside the box!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

O.K. everybody here we go... your information Headquarters for the I.T. /SPEC-tacular is at
    http://www.cincyscca.com Check it out and let me know what you think.

Todd Cholmondeley
    Cincinnati Race Chair SCCA

Todd: Any way we can break up ITA and ITB? Maybe like this:

Race Group 1 ITA, IT7, ITC

Race Group 2 Spec Miata (zoom zoom)

Race Group 3 ITS, ITB

Race Group 4 Spec Racer Ford

Race Group 5 ITE, ITR, TCC

Groups all still have the same classes, but slightly different run order.

BTW, I don't like running in group 1, but I 'm not asking you to change that!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

There were quite a few of us that requested this earlier. Still hope for it too.

Sunday August 12th
    8:00 A.M. All race groups (17 lap Qualifying Race or 30 minutes which ever comes first)

oof.
    I am officially backing out of the Ruck vs. Amy drinking games on Saturday evening.
    I may have to find some place better to sleep than a tent...
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

There were quite a few of us that requested this earlier. Still hope for it too.
    [/b]
    Yes, many of us would like to see that done. I understand the need to get the IT cars off the track and into the tech shed ASAP, but I personally would be willing to delay it an hour in order to get to watch both the ITA/ITC run group and the ITS/ITB rungroup.

Sunday August 12th
    8:00 A.M. All race groups (17 lap Qualifying Race or 30 minutes which ever comes first)
    oof.
    I am officially backing out of the Ruck vs. Amy drinking games on Saturday evening.
    [/b]
    You would, wussy.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I think the only race you may miss is the Sunday AM qualifying race ( and the Saturday AM qualifying) since it appears they scheduled race group 1 before lunch. This may be how they "listened" to us in the planning process so we could all watch eachother run.

Dave, do you know if we can all run in the PDX event? How does that work. I wonder if we do race if we just get kicked out of that day or the weekend JK!! I have some pre-paved incar video of Mid-ohio do you ahve access to any post paving? maybe we can set up a dinner and "training night" and get Tim Mullen over as well. between Tim, you, Raymond and myself one of us has to get on that podium!

Stephen

Wait.......what did I do? That was just Ian and I there last year, wasn't it? I can't say I recall getting very non-sober that weekend. [/b]
    I only remember making margaritas and Downing passing out. Now he was the drunk one. Something about taking the day off to go to the track and getting there and just drinking instead of ever unloading the car.
    Ian

I think the only race you may miss is the Sunday AM qualifying race ( and the Saturday AM qualifying) since it appears they scheduled race group 1 before lunch. This may be how they "listened" to us in the planning process so we could all watch each other run...

Stephen
    [/b]
    Stephen: Running Race Group 1's race before lunch is kind of the standard format for regionals at Mid-Ohio.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Hi guys,

I hoped that putting lunch between Race Group 1 and Race Group 2 would solve part of the problem without catching a Veto from the Chief Steward or Chief of Tech. Its a fine line I sometimes tread. The more time that Tech has to do their job the better job they will do.

Plus stressed tech people are grumpy people.

Todd