Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

What a waste of good water! Don't get me wrong; Bud's a great American company making some pretty decent German-style lager, but I'm long past polluting my body with the cheap stuff.[/b]
    Yup, in many ways, it's like sex in a canoe. (Think about it. )

So, for us adults, Scotch it is; bring your favorite. For you, Kevin, I'm buying all the beer, pizza, chips, etc you want, and I'll be right there calling out "Go Kevin! Go Kevin! Here's to Kevin, he's a damn fine guy! Here's to Kevin, he's a damn fine guy!"[/b]
    No, no, that won't be necessary. I just need a camp fire, some chairs, and I'll bring my own assortment of frosty beverages. Nope, no Scotch for me, but a 12 pack sampler of Samuel Adams or Great Lakes sounds pretty good right now. Is it five yet?
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Todd, I can recommend a good security company that uses only the best high-grade horse tranquilizers.
    They did a good job dealing with the Ruck clan last year at ORP....

(we need a "poking the bear with a stick" emoticon)
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Todd, I can recommend a good security company that uses only the best high-grade horse tranquilizers.
    They did a good job dealing with the Ruck clan last year at ORP....

(we need a "poking the bear with a stick" emoticon)
    [/b]
    Wait.......what did I do? That was just Ian and I there last year, wasn't it? I can't say I recall getting very non-sober that weekend. Now at the 2004 event, when they had the roundy-round racing Saturday night, yea, I was drunk that night!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

.....p, with like half the power. Damn my legal engine!

[/b]
    Somebody fill me in on this legal engine comment...it implies a non legal engine on the podium...a reference to a questionable cold air inlet ?

Sorry for the off topic, back to your good natured trash talking....6 months, 1 week and 70 degrees to go!

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Somebody fill me in on this legal engine comment...it implies a non legal engine on the podium...a reference to a questionable cold air inlet ?

Sorry for the off topic, back to your good natured trash talking....6 months, 1 week and 70 degrees to go!
    [/b]
    I think it drives Kevin a little nuts that my car with a 150k original bone stock SR20 motor (with mis-matched valve shims) runs as fast in a straight line as his car. Greg's built SR20 pulls away!

Reference Greg's signature quote about torque....
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

....6 months, 1 week and 70 degrees to go!
    [/b]
    Ummmm we are talking about OHIO in August............ try anywhere from 80 to 100 degrees to go

Somebody fill me in on this legal engine comment...it implies a non legal engine on the podium...a reference to a questionable cold air inlet ?[/b]
    I was referring to Greg's impound "scare" concerning his engine and also how that damn thing kills us Honda's in a straight line. But it was all found legal, the puzzling numbers were realized as to why they sounded puzzling, I know that, we've all talked about it several times before, and I'm joking around.

This is why trash talking on the internet largely doesn't work.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Ah, gotcha....sorry, I had heard "rumours" about something else not on either of your cars. I know of Gregs "math moment" and knew all was well there.

Carry on, sorry to interupt.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

[EDIT] On second thought, this thread is too good to ruin by being serious... Kevin and Greg, you'll see me (i.e. the back of my Mid-O lap record holding car) at this one! Greg, are you planning on running the NARRC race at the Glen? We're trying to schedule it in...

Jake, if you've got something to talk to us about, you can find both us and our cars at this race...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

I was referring to Greg's impound "scare" concerning his engine and also how that damn thing kills us Honda's in a straight line. But it was all found legal, the puzzling numbers were realized as to why they sounded puzzling, I know that, we've all talked about it several times before, and I'm joking around.

This is why trash talking on the internet largely doesn't work. [/b]

With all the shit I've seen typed in this forum, I don't care what I'm doing that weekend.........I'm definately watching the ITA race!

Kevin and Greg, you'll see me (i.e. the back of my Mid-O lap record holding car) at this one! Greg, are you planning on running the NARRC race at the Glen? We're trying to schedule it in...[/b]
    Hey, I better be seeing you much sooner than that! Hopefully in the rearview...

I'm eyeing that event at The Glen pretty hard too. I think the Integra would likey very much.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

What is the lap record for ITA at M-O?? This season will be my first in ITA, and I'm definitely planning on this weekend. It seems the times are similar to what we were doing in G Prod.

Peter Baumgartner
    ITA Fiero

Joe, no veiled comments....

At the ARRCs, I heard some rumours about improper cold air ducting on the top cars...and in further discussions I recall those comments as being dismissed as a misunderstanding of what is allowed and whats not allowed. I was merely curious if thats what Kevin was referring to, and wasn't implying any wrong doing.

I know your cars have been looked over by lots of eyes, and have no doubt about your legality. As a matter of fact, I am long time friends with your engine builder, and have high regard for his product and integrity. I would be seriously disappointed and shocked to find anything improper coming from his shop.

Sorry if you read my comments as accusatory.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Peter,

I'm not sure of the ITA lap record at Mid-O. I can tell you that at the OVR National in 2006 Andy Deatherage won GP with a Suzuki Swift GT with an average lap time of 1.44.326
    In the Autumn Classic Joe Moser won Saturday with an average 1:43.828. Mark Hopkins won Sunday with an average 1:45.593. Both were driving Honda CRX's.

Hope this helps,

Todd

P.S. glad to hear your planning on coming. It should be fun!

Do you know what the ITB record is?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

[EDIT] On second thought, this thread is too good to ruin by being serious... Kevin and Greg, you'll see me (i.e. the back of my Mid-O lap record holding car) at this one! [/b]
    Now we are getting some where!!! Tell these wann-bes you are the man!

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

ITA - Joe Moser - Honda CRX Si - August 31, 2005 - 1:43.388
    ITB - Scott Hileman - VW GTI - October 8, 2006 - 1:47.777
    ITC - Devin Box - Honda Civic - October 8, 2006 - 1:48.503
    ITS - Dan Jones - BMW 325 - October 8, 2006 - 1:43.327

Can you now see why I didn't want ITS and ITA to run in the same group at Mid Ohio? Also, as you can probably imagine, we had great weather October 8, 2006. I even ran a 1:43.309 in that mornings qualifying. I know, not an official track record, but I just wanted to remind Joey. :P

Those are all some pretty tough times, but I could see a couple of them falling if we get blessed with nice weather at the IT Festival. Except for maybe Devin's ITC record; that's just an absolutely insane time for an ITC car!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

[EDIT] On second thought, this thread is too good to ruin by being serious... [/b]
    There we go, now the whole gang's here! This, folks, is gonna be a barn burner!

Joe, which race at the Glen do you mean? I really haven't thought much past March right now...post some dates and I'll see about making some commitments...I *really* want to snag that short course record from you-know-who...

ITA - Joe Moser - Honda CRX Si - August 31, 2005 - 1:43.388
    ITB - Scott Hileman - VW GTI - October 8, 2006 - 1:47.777
    ITC - Devin Box - Honda Civic - October 8, 2006 - 1:48.503
    ITS - Dan Jones - BMW 325 - October 8, 2006 - 1:43.327

Can you now see why I didn't want ITS and ITA to run in the same group at Mid Ohio? Also, as you can probably imagine, we had great weather October 8, 2006. I even ran a 1:43.309 in that mornings qualifying. I know, not an official track record, but I just wanted to remind Joey. :P

Those are all some pretty tough times, but I could see a couple of them falling if we get blessed with nice weather at the IT Festival. Except for maybe Devin's ITC record; that's just an absolutely insane time for an ITC car!
    [/b]
    I'm hoping for some nice weather as well! I would love to have the opportunity to race in the dry and snatch another track record! I can't wait to try and beat up on Dave and definetly Tim M. since he snatched that championship away 1 lap from the end! Whe else is going in ITB? I am betting on an entire NE podium in ITB! any other regions going to challenge us!

Stephen

Stephen, both Scott Hileman and Chris Wilke are tough at Mid Ohio. You may remember Chris from the ARRC as he's made some runs there, including getting his old VW totalled on the start of the '04 (I think) race from the front row. That's ok though, his new one is faster and better looking. I know that you guys have some great ITB cars over there, but I imagine there will be a GLDiv car or two mixed in there with you.

Oh yea, and I've also decided that your username is too long. Please advise. :P
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX