Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

+3. I think alternating group "types" is always a good idea, for several reasons, not the least of which is mentioned above.

I'd also consider the moving ot ITR to the ITS ITB group, as I think the cars will be small in number, and very close to ITS times, which will make them a bad mix with the TCC class.

But thats a subtle point, I'm looking forward to the event, and the run groups look great.

Also, just as a point, thanks for keeping the IT.com crowd so well informed with your frequent posts, It should help the turnout immensely!
    [/b]

Jake, I'd hate to screw up the ITS class race, there might be some ITR's that will only run in with ITS cars, hopefully it won't be me, If there is a small number of us ITR's it might I'd rather fight my way through and with the faster cars for now. It would be this way with all the ITR cars so no one will have any advantages. I hope this maks sense.?
    Oh, add another 1 who thinks you need to split up the IT classes so we can watch some racing.

Dan

The first step is admitting it. [/b]

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Aw, you guys, let him be! He's a nice guy, and he needs that 7 month "can of confidence boost". Let him enjoy his ethereal success...

You guys are so mean.

Look at the aerial shot on post #89. To the left of the red square indicating the grass paddock is the track. Now if you look down to the lower left of the square you'll see the hairpin called the " keyhhole". There is a huge observation mound to watch the races from. The main entrance boulevard runs between the paddock and the track at this point. Another great vantage point is from the balconies above the garages in the lower paddock. The garages are visible as rectangular shaped buildings running parallel to the track along the pit straight. Very good view of the pits and pit straight from there.

Todd

I'm so out numbered in here, it isn't even funny. I need the Moser's in here to back me up! :P Too bad it looks like the GLDiv lost Colin, one of our best ITA weapons to other pastures, but I think we'll have a couple of other guys really on their horse this year.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I'm so out numbered in here, it isn't even funny. I need the Moser's in here to back me up! :P Too bad it looks like the GLDiv lost Colin, one of our best ITA weapons to other pastures, but I think we'll have a couple of other guys really on their horse this year.
    [/b]

Kevin,

You wrote what I was think'n.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

I think we'll have a couple of other guys really on their horse this year.[/b]

Giddy-up!

Originally posted by SportsCar
    Group 4 ITA and IT-7 would prove to be one of the most interesting races of the weekend. Those who prowl the IT websites know the intesnsity the New England contingent brings to ITA - that area of the country proudly announces its dominance.
    No, you don't say!

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time as when I saw that actually printed in a nationwide magazine! Legendary.

Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Go easy Big Orange! We know you and Moser and Botha are the guys to beat. It's all about the home track. Lime Rock in the fall sound good?

Seriously, Greg has run there before and we all know he can compete. It's the rest of us that need to actually get some seat time to pretend to be respectable. Either way, it's is going to rock. I hope to be in a position to get there.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

The pictures looked nice too!

[/b]
    Don't worry, I'm here for you brother! You know I'll be there in the new ITA CRX Si, hopefully right on your rear bumper, which is the norm for when we race together, at least until we hit lapped traffic, and then I get to watch you drive away from me.

Oh yeah, I also need to talk to you about a motor

Regards,

Sam
    Sam Myers
    MWHC Series Director

2006 National Championship H4 1991 CRX Si - 7th Place
    2006 MWHC H4 1990 Civic Si HB - RIP
    2004 & 2005 MWHC H5 Champion

visit my sponsors:
    http://picperformance.com/store/scripts/news.asp
    http://www.setrabusa.com
    http://www.tracksourcellc.com

Look at the aerial shot on post #89... Todd
    [/b]
    Also, if the infield is open that weekend, check out the whole top of the track, from stations 7 to 11. Watching the runoffs, you don't get a real sense of the elevation changes there.

BTW - another vote for splitting the two IT groups!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Go easy Big Orange! We know you and Moser and Botha are the guys to beat. It's all about the home track. Lime Rock in the fall sound good? [/b]
    Well, Botha is gone this year, but the Moser's for sure. Hopefully we'll also get Marhefka, Hopkins, Green, Myers, Reif, MacDonald, Downing, and Lunder all moving along quite well. Damn, looking at that list, I need to get out in the garage and work on the car!

I'd like to do Lime Rock at some point, but damn that looks far! But I can't use that excuse anymore if you guys come here. It just sucks that they don't race on Sunday though. That adds an extra day I'd have to take off of work in order to go.

I can't wait for this event - it's going to be fun as hell! Cincy Region, you guys better bring a lot of beer!

edit - Oh yea, and "Stevens". Sorry Bill, didn't mean to leave you out. :P
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

It just sucks that they don't race on Sunday though. That adds an extra day I'd have to take off of work in order to go.[/b]
    Not true: you'll be driving home on Sunday instead of Monday.

Not true: you'll be driving home on Sunday instead of Monday.
    [/b]
    Yeah, but it is a long tow from the Midwest. Took me 14 hours from Detroit. It was worth every minute, I look forward to going back.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Well, Botha is gone this year, but the Moser's for sure. Hopefully we'll also get Marhefka, Hopkins, Green, Myers, Reif, MacDonald, Downing, and Lunder all moving along quite well. Damn, looking at that list, I need to get out in the garage and work on the car!
    [/b]
    I'm gonna flick a booger on your hood when you lap me...
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

I'm gonna flick a booger on your hood when you lap me...

[/b]
    Hahaha! Where's the fat jokes now, funny man!

In unrelated news, at approximately 3:12pm EST today while standing outside, the temperature became just low enough, the wind blew just hard enough, the clouds were just dense enough, and the snow was falling just hard enough for me to be officially sick of winter. Yippie.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

oh come on man, im sure there is something you have left to do to ONE of your cars.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

How many kegs do you want me to order?