Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

To All,

I'm pleased to announce the Inaugural Cincinnati I.T. / SPEC-tacular has been approved by the Cincinnati BoD as proposed. Classes ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITS, ITR, IT7, TCC, SM and SRF are invited to join the fun August 11th and 12th, 2007 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. PDX to be held on August 10th!

Thanks to Butch Kummer, Dave Burchfield and Andy Bettencourt for all the support. I'll keep the info flowing as the race committee gets the details together.

Todd Cholmondeley
    Cincinnati Race Chairman

Congratulations, Todd. We've never met except via e-mail, but I'm here if you need me. Lots of tequila will also help with the "challenges" you'll be facing in the next few months.

Butch Kummer
    ARRC Committee Chairman
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Heads-up on accomodations in the area?

This is going to be sweet!

[/b]
    You can camp for free at Mid Ohio. I suggest it, because we're going to have some fun that weekend!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

That's perfectly fine for me, but my crew chief tends to be a bit more...snobby (although I can't for the LIFE of me understand where THAT comes from...probably has a lot to do with him not paying the bill...)

Heads-up on accomodations in the area? [/b]
    The closer to the track the more money, example comfort inn south in Lexington, 15 min from track will cost about $100 per nite. The comfort inn north in Mansifield is 20 min from the track by the back way and will cost about 25 to 30 less and your closer to Red Lobster. Both places have lots to choises to eat. There are other places to stay between the two, like Motel 8, I'm sure I or someone can get you a list if you want.

Todd, what's the chances you can get your list of motels for mid-ohio posted so these out of towners can make their arrangements?

Thanks

Dan

That's perfectly fine for me, but my crew chief tends to be a bit more...snobby (although I can't for the LIFE of me understand where THAT comes from...probably has a lot to do with him not paying the bill...) [/b]
    Feed him more Monster and push him in the trailer when he gets all Monstered up...he'll never know the difference, but he might get a bit "gamey" smelling on day two or three, LOL.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Kudos to everyone who put this together! I hope this will be a big hit and the start of a new tradition. I also hope in future years it will fall on a weekend when there are no conflicting series races - I know I would love to get the chance to race at Mid-Ohio.

As far as accomodations, this is probably as good a place to start as any: http://www.midohio.com/pdf/Area%20Hotels%20_2_.pdf

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

[/b]

Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

I always camp, and it always rains..........

They don't call it Mud-Ohio for nothing.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Kudos to everyone who put this together! I hope this will be a big hit and the start of a new tradition. I also hope in future years it will fall on a weekend when there are no conflicting series races - I know I would love to get the chance to race at Mid-Ohio.

As far as accomodations, this is probably as good a place to start as any: http://www.midohio.com/pdf/Area%20Hotels%20_2_.pdf

[/b]
    Great link!

I always camp, and it always rains..........

They don't call it Mud-Ohio for nothing. [/b]

You should stay in a damn MOTEL!

For the more adventurous, try the Mid-Ohio Motel just off I-71. They used to equip the rooms with bars of soap that were branded 'First Date'.

No lie! I still have a bar for those who don't believe!

Looks like this is going to be a great weekend! I'll be pulling in probably Thursday night to get a head start on the Friday night party.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Congrats and thank you... Great work!!!!

I am looking forward to making another trip out to Mid-Ohio... This time though watch out ITB... I will have a fully armed crew ready to do battle, and break some track records!!!

We really really want to go and prove the Audi's can run well at yet another track... At my last visit to Mid-Ohio with the Audi I realized that this is a near perfect track for these cars, much like Road Atlanta (Unlike NHIS and Lime RocK). I wish my car ran well at that event and I didn't have anything to prove. So with having something to prove, and depending on funding we will be at the event.

I wish that these "high caliber" events offered some sort of tow fund... We also want to head up to Canada for a race, and we may as one track we would like to visit runs very similar IT rules and they used to offer a contingency (tow that far and race for free, we welcome anyone attitude). That sort of welcoming could have us choose that event instead when the funding comes down to it. It would be awsome in the future for contingency/tow funds to help encourage those of us in the under 10K car classes

Raymond "The last time was borderline embarrasing for the Audi, its time to show you what we really have!!!" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I wish my car ran well at that event and I didn't have anything to prove.[/b]
    Saying this as a compliment - since when do you have anything further to prove other than possibly to yourself?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave - Exactly.

As for the race, too bad this will overlap a MARRS points race for me which is local so overrules.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

[/b]
    I think the key to the future sucess of this event is to keep it the same weekend and have the rest of the country manuver to accomodate their members. Otherwise, it's a moving target!

Congrats to all who did the work on this. It will be a great compliment to the ARRC. If the SCCA won't invite us to the big show - we will create more big shows for ourselves!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Saying this as a compliment - since whey do you have anything further to prove other than possibly to yourself?
    [/b]
    well, at the last visit I had an absolute blast dispite that the car didn't run well and we didn't run up front. The ITC guys I was running with and some of the locals seemed to think I was a kid talking out of my when I said that it was a bit fustrating that I wasn't in the front. I know we can run up front, and yes I (we) need to prove it to myself, the team, and a few locals . I also would love to get the track record for ITB, I think we have a car that can do it, it is just a matter of keeping your type from taking it back or beating us to it!!! lol

Raymond

I think the key to the future sucess of this event is to keep it the same weekend and have the rest of the country manuver to accomodate their members. Otherwise, it's a moving target!

Congrats to all who did the work on this. It will be a great compliment to the ARRC. If the SCCA won't invite us to the big show - we will create more big shows for ourselves!
    [/b]
    the "takeover" has begun... SCCA/IT is the best racing in the country!!!
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Congrats to all who did the work on this. It will be a great compliment to the ARRC. If the SCCA won't invite us to the big show - we will create more big shows for ourselves! [/b]
    Very good post Andy, I agree completely with ALL said.

For all of you that have never been to Mid-Ohio, you will find this to be one of the top tracks in North America. I can still remember going over madness for the 1st time.

Ray: Glad you are going to try and make it. Paddock with us up on the hill, Kevin, Mark, probably Matt. Great guys. Last race they pulled my transmission all the way out of my car, just to keep me out of the race!!!!! No, really they went all out trying to get me into at least one race that weekend, after my clutch voted for a catastrophic failure on the first lap of practice on Saturday. Champions, all.

I'll bring the Graeter's!!!!!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

So Bill,

If you are bringing the Graeters, should I bring the Skyline?

Wouldn't it be a hoot if we could get Skyline to pony up for this event? I wonder how many of the gang has never had the pleasure of enjoying this "Cincinnati Tradition?"

Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)