Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: I.T. Festival approved by Cincinnati BoD

I am disappointed to say that I am committed to another event that weekend. I like the ITE rules and love the format.

You are locked into my schedule for next year. I am looking forward to it already.

Rob Bodle
    Rob Bodle Images, LLC
    RBI Competition

2007 ARRC Three hour "not a real" Enduro ITO Co-Champion.
    2009 ARRC ITO Champion.
    2009 ARRC Enduro Pole Winner
    2010 ARRC ITO Champion(car owner for Cliff Brown)
    2011 ARRC ITO Champion

Bill,

There are many people around the country watching to see how the Cincinnati ITSPEC*tacular works out. As the Race Chairman for the event I have to say that the interest in the event has been overwhelming. It could be that what you are looking for has already developing.

Todd

For those who missed it, the entry form and supps. for the race are attached to the thread at post #419.

For those who missed it, the entry form and supps. for the race are attached to the thread at post #419.
    [/b]
    Todd, just start a new thread with that info. You don't want to make the people weed through 20+ pages to find that.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

For those who missed it, the entry form and supps. for the race are attached to the thread at post #419. [/b]
    Todd, the PDF says on-line entry is available. Do you know when that will be up?

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

I am interested in attending the Mid Ohio IT Festival primarily as a spectator to show my son some racing. I am also willing to work as crew but would not be able to work the hot pits.

I am an old guy but have some experience with Hondas (ITA CRX and SSC Civics) and Nissan (ITA 240sx). It would be nice to live vicariously through some of you for a weekend.

I have not been a member of SCCA for quite a while so I don't know if spectators are permitted at regionals or not.

Your comments are appreciated.

Randy Shively -- Dayton, Ohio

I am interested in attending the Mid Ohio IT Festival primarily as a spectator to show my son some racing. I am also willing to work as crew but would not be able to work the hot pits.

I am an old guy but have some experience with Hondas (ITA CRX and SSC Civics) and Nissan (ITA 240sx). It would be nice to live vicariously through some of you for a weekend.

I have not been a member of SCCA for quite a while so I don't know if spectators are permitted at regionals or not.

[/b]
    If your a member of the SCCA, it's real easy to get a crew license.

[/b]
    Randy: PM me and we can touch base. Regionals (even Nationals) are 'non-spectator' events, however, we're always looking for potential new (or returning) members, and will find some way to cover you.
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Don't forget the minor waiver issue. I THINK one parent signature is all that's required (at registration) for a weekend, but it would be good for Todd to confirm that. If you need two signatures, get the form and get it notarized before the event.

I should have a couple open (free) crew spots if you need them.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Since we're talking about it, how many crew spots are we getting - standard 3? How much are additional ones - typical $10?
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Since we're talking about it, how many crew spots are we getting - standard 3? How much are additional ones - typical $10?
    [/b]

Read the Entry/Supps... 3 spots and each additional person is $10.00

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Yup. Typical $10 after 3 crew.

Seems some parents didn't like finding out till later about the kids being at the race track. So now..( if both parents won't be at the track) under the age of 18 you need the waiver signed by both parents and notarized, even if you are the court appointed legal guardian. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule.

Todd

That's really too bad that a parent needs to sign a waiver for a 16 / 17 year old. (I get it from the regions perspective.)
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Yup. Typical $10 after 3 crew.

Seems some parents didn't like finding out till later about the kids being at the race track. So now..( if both parents won't be at the track) under the age of 18 you need the waiver signed by both parents and notarized, even if you are the court appointed legal guardian. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule.

Todd
    [/b]
    My experience (and I have a 17 year-old daughter) up to this year is that a multi-event waiver needed to be signed by both parents, but a single event waiver could be signed by one (saved me having to deal with the ex!). Well, I got to my first event this year, signed my daughter's waiver (checked the box saying I have sole custody, which I do) and the registra said "Do you want an event credential or yearly credential?" One guess which one I took!

That's what I love about this club, consistency! (The above saga occurred at an OVR event).
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Bill, that is the difference between legal guardian and sole custody. Legal guardian can have shared custody so both people are required to sign. Sole custody is just that. You (and no one else) are responsible for that minor, so you are the only signature necessary.

I don't think consistancy is the issue, just the ever changing rules due to the dumb-ass-ness of the 'average' person. It is very hard to keep up with all the new legal rules and regs...

Back on topic - Money paid and I'm still working on getting the car ready, but I will be there! Multi-colored car and all!
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Randy,

you have PM. also, you might want to try and "crew" for some honda types for the NASA Nationals at mid-O.

tom
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL