Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: have you guys been seeing these cheap generators?

I just bought the Honda 2000. It is as quiet as can be. It also is very easy to get in and out of the trailer (or truck.) My Pace ( I just sold) had a cheaper 5000 gen on the tongue. Started first pull every time. The best hing about it was after running for 2 or three minutes someone from the next trailer over always offers to let you use their power! It was LOUD. The Honda was $866. I figure I will make up for it being a little more expensive by saving on asprin.

Mac
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

One thought about the noise/distance equation if you are near the edge of the paddock, lead cord is a lot cheaper than low db generators. If you can put it 20' behind the trailer or more it not be as noisy as if it is sitting right next to you. If you are stuck in the middle of the skid pad at Atlanta, you might be hated!

Mike

One thought about the noise/distance equation if you are near the edge of the paddock, lead cord is a lot cheaper than low db generators. If you can put it 20' behind the trailer or more it not be as noisy as if it is sitting right next to you. If you are stuck in the middle of the skid pad at Atlanta, you might be hated!

Mike
    [/b]
    Yeah, I was none too popular w/ my 8.5 hp 4500w B&S in the paddock at Summit Point, but they way I see it, it was way less annoying than a dozen SRX7s lighting up in the morning!!!!

Just as a point of interest, Amazon appears to have some interesting sales on generators through the end of the month. Search under tools - generators.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Yeah, I was none too popular w/ my 8.5 hp 4500w B&S in the paddock at Summit Point, but they way I see it, it was way less annoying than a dozen SRX7s lighting up in the morning!!!!
    [/b]
    That is the understatement of the year!!! It doesn't seem to matter where I paddock at SUmmit, I'm ALWAYS next to the RX-7 that needs to do something to his car at 7:15am the day of the race that I am group (something after 4)
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures