15x7 Fuchs wheels are the best OEM wheel.

Light & strong being forged aluminum. I know a few racers here in Az with sets of these that they are looking to sell. Our spec rules do not allow that wheel since it is a little better than the OEM cookie cutters that we run. That is why they are selling. Some of these guys have 15x8's too so you would need to ask for just th 7's.

why 15" not 16" Well with 7" wide wheel you are limited to about 225 width tires. So you wont get a wider tire in 16" wheel. Side walls on 225/45 R15 are pretty short so no much to gain with a larger wheel.

Then also figure the smaller wheel is lighter and so is the tire. Also you get effectivly a shorted FD with a smaller overall tire diameter.

I see you have a 87 944S. This car normally useds 52.3 mm offset wheels. The Fuchs only came in 23.3 mm offset. So some folks say they would not fit on your car, but I think they should fit with 225/45 tires. You will have a track greater than stock and will need to watch how close the tire is to the fenders. Not sure on IT track width or fender rolling rules.