Thread: VIR Enduro in February

If you've got $800, the necessary mad skilz, a license, and a butt narrow enough for a Recaro SPG, you should come run the VIR NASA enduro with Pablo and me in February. It's going to rain and we're going to contend for an overall win.

K

If you've got $800, the necessary mad skilz, a license, and a butt narrow enough for a Recaro SPG, you should come run the VIR NASA enduro with Pablo and me in February. It's going to rain and we're going to contend for an overall win.

K [/b]
    Hmmm...let's see;

$800...check

license....check

mad skilz....well, skilz; don't know how mad they are

butt narrow enough for a Recaro SPG.....not in this lifetime

Good luck, and don't forget the long undies!

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Probably won't fit in Pablo's seat...but to anyone else who might be interested: Go.

Been going to the February NASA VIR thing since Cobetto and the NASA-MA crew started running it...really cool weekend, lots of track time (especially if you do the Friday test day), and well worth it if you want to investigate the enduro world without making the big dive into 12-24 hour races.

Except for last year (cold and rainy), the weather has been spectacular (of course, my frame of reference is usually barren, ice-covered tundra and frozen lakes). 50-50 chance that "VIR in Feb. = shorts & sunscreen". It's like going to Florida, without all the old people driving on the sidewalks.

Not going this year...got a race hauler project underway and my old Z car might actually see the track for the first time in 15 years this season, so I'm spending the VIR money on a 383 stroker kit for PanZilla and 15" alloys for the Z (anybody need some brand-new 4-bolt Datsun pattern 14x7 Panasports ?)

Have fun, Kirk. Paddock next to the big yellow fire truck...Charlie's 'floor show & circus' is free.

K [/b]
    What a shame, if it was SCCA you'd have a driver. Not quite sure about the skinny hips, 6'2" & 194.

I'm pretty sure you'd fit unless you've got an unusually big booty. NASA is pretty good about license requirement waivers for those holding real SCCA licenses, if that's the issue.

K

I'm pretty sure you'd fit unless you've got an unusually big booty. NASA is pretty good about license requirement waivers for those holding real SCCA licenses, if that's the issue.

K [/b]
    I raced NASA a couple of times last year and so did a friend of mine that they screwed him of his 2nd place in their National Championship in SM. I won't race with them again.

That's a bummer. I've had pretty good experiences but NASA Mid-Atlantic does some things pretty well even if like any racing organization, it's "people-dependent." (That's org talk for "you run into a jerk every once in a while.")

K

That's a bummer. I've had pretty good experiences but NASA Mid-Atlantic does some things pretty well even if like any racing organization, it's "people-dependent." (That's org talk for "you run into a jerk every once in a while.")

K [/b]
    Yea I like enduros, it a team thing. The crew tells me me to do a certain time, then it's up to me to let him set his watch by me, day or night. You have to listen to orders to be sucessful.