Thread: Put your 82-85 Supra on a diet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The last one was caused when the O2 sensor failed and the ECU went full lean. It just hammered a couple rod bearings this time. Only cost me a crank kit and one new rod.

Having learned a lot on this car I am tossing around the idea of building the other car into a legal ITS car. At least then if I blow one up I can go get the other and still run the Sunday race.

Ty,
    Rev limiter is 6250 and I normally shift between 5500-5800. And I quit useing junk yard pulls without going through them first. Oh and the injector rebuild stopped the oil level from going up two quarts in a 30 minute race. Thin oil is not conducive to long engine life. Whoda thunk that?
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

The last one was caused when the O2 sensor failed and the ECU went full lean. It just hammered a couple rod bearings this time. Only cost me a crank kit and one new rod.
    [/b]
    I just looked up 'snakebit' in the dictionary and there was a picture of your car next to it. You've had a real uphill road to follow.

Having learned a lot on this car I am tossing around the idea of building the other car into a legal ITS car. At least then if I blow one up I can go get the other and still run the Sunday race.
    [/b]
    I'm sorry to admit I laughed when I read that. I'm not sure I wouldn't have hung it up by now.

Ty,
    Rev limiter is 6250 and I normally shift between 5500-5800. And I quit useing junk yard pulls without going through them first. Oh and the injector rebuild stopped the oil level from going up two quarts in a 30 minute race. Thin oil is not conducive to long engine life. Whoda thunk that?
    [/b]
    Keep hammering on it. You'll get there eventually.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion