Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VIR In March - CANCELLED??

Let's get Real !!!

VIR is heaven !!

Lowe's is a blast NASCAR style !!

Rockingham is a .......................... hole !!

Been there, done that,got the $2 trophy !!

Let's get VIR back on schedule next season !!

Tim

Awww...it ain't THAT bad.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

My one experience with VIR. . . Incredible!

I hope we don't have problems getting dates there. Its worth the travel and I for one will race there any chance I can get.

I think we should do everything we can to keep VIR hosting SCCA events.

To my knowledge, the March date at VIR is the only date that the NCR lost. The May SAARC/MARRS, Aug. National/CCPS (possible Dbl CCPS) and the Oct Ghoblins Go are all still on schedule! I met with the RE Weds. night and discussed all of these dates. From our conversations, I don't feel that we're in danger of losing all of these events. But who knows!?

Cancelled/Moved
    Potato /Tomato
    David Murphy
    Murphy Motorsports
    ITS 240sx
    Carolina Cup Pro Series
    www.murphymotorsports.net

Does anyone know the offical reason for VIR to cancel our weekend? The March races have been a big weekend in the past. NCR has had that event for several years now. Also how far in advance are the track schedules made?

Just doesn&#39;t seem right. <_<

JJ
    Jeff
    1991 Civic Std. ITC :roadrace
    1989 CRX CSP :solocar
    1993 Prelude VTEC :streetcar
    2003 Dodge 2500 "Cummins Powered" :towrig

"When looked at from a Regional and Division level David is correct is stating the event has not been canceled. It is just on another date and track."

Likewise, your date w/ Carmen Electra to the Super Bowl has not been canceled, you will just be going to a High School game w/ Ugly Betty. :P

Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

the Oct Ghoblins Go are all still on schedule!
    [/b]
    Not as of five minutes ago, it wasn&#39;t.

Edit: On the event schedule at virclub.com, that is.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

As of Weds. night the Ghoblins Go is still on for VIR. If VIR has changed that they had not informed the RE as of Weds. night! Who knows!?
    David Murphy
    Murphy Motorsports
    ITS 240sx
    Carolina Cup Pro Series
    www.murphymotorsports.net

... I can&#39;t see that VIR has done anything out of the norm for a business ...[/b]
    Hmm.. had I been in VIR&#39;s position, I would have approached the Region, explained my reasons for giving the date to someone else, and at least given the Region the option to meet or beat the deal. I certainly would not have simply given the date to someone else and let the Region find out by happenstance. Had I not wanted to give the Region that simple courtesy, I would have at least not implemented the change until the 2008 session. My personal feeling is that something of this import, and wide reaching impact (financially, etc.), should not be a surprise.

... major investment by Mr. Seigal the New York Investment Broker who took the track which was abondoned and in shambles and rebuilt it... Other than being participants what are we doing to help the track achieve the goals of being the premier road racing course in America....[/b]
    Let&#39;s absolutely not allow the passage of a few years to dim the remarkable gift that the VIR owners, management, and staff have given us. It is a world class venue. I also feel that the Region had a part in making VIR what it is today. I feel that we significantly advanced VIR along the timetable to greatness by providing them with a professional, well trained pool of workers and speciality chiefs to staff their amateur and pro events and to train their own pool of workers. We helped them determine the location of the armco, tire walls, hard barriers, and worker stations. We purchased and installed the wonderful worker stations on the course (with concrete foundations and stairs where appropriate). We expanded the tech shed by creating a scale room with in-ground scales. We initiated them into the world of extended endurance races with our initial 8 hour, and current 13 hour races. We created great friendships with the wonderful folks employeed by the track. I like to think that anytime they called, we answered.

Did we receive a lot in return for all of the above? Absolutely. Do I wish the situation in question had been handled differently by VIR? Absolutely.

I&#39;m not saying that VIR has to treat the Region any differently than any other customer. I&#39;m saying that, because of everything we&#39;ve contributed, they should want to.
    Scott Gallimore
    worker, nat comp license, IT-7 driver,
    North Carolina Region Board of Directors, Member at Large

"When looked at from a Regional and Division level David is correct is stating the event has not been canceled. It is just on another date and track."

Likewise, your date w/ Carmen Electra to the Super Bowl has not been canceled, you will just be going to a High School game w/ Ugly Betty. :P
    [/b]
    You know, when you&#39;ve been to the Super Bowl with Carmen Electra as many times as I have, a high school game with Ugly Betty sounds pretty good.

Honestly, when an event can not be run at the track of choice it becomes a real pain to get it in somewhere else. That is part of what we do at the SEDiv Convention with regard to SARRC races. We have a tendency to look at it as one of the four SARRC races NCR can hold a year instead of the March race at VIR. Kind of a retailer vs. customer type of thing. I am sure that the VIR product is much better than The Rock and it is unfortunate the way things worked out.

Maybe I can get the money to build a new track from Carmen...she&#39;s doing those commercials from Taco Bell now, I think.
    Tom Sprecher

Scott, great post. Spot on.

I am a member at the Club and I have asked the Club management to explain to me why they did this the way they did. I doubt I will learn anything through this channel, but if I do, I will of course share it.

Again, great post.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8