I still don't think that they can do this. They have no standing to approve or diapprove the class. The SCCA has approved it. They are obligated to provide a spot for it. The Regional Only classes like ITE are the ones that should be under 'consideration' every year.

Don't let the SM issue cloud this. Read the SM rules carefully. They specifically say that Regions can run their own tire rules etc. It's all on the up and up. This ITR this is total BS. I guess I would ask them under what rule they are not allowing a GCR-based class to participate? If they try and sneak something in under a 'restricted regional', it MUST be in the SUPPS, which have to be approved by HQ.

I expected a lot more from SFR.
[/b]

I looked hard through the bylaws and I can't find anything that forces a region to host a class. I think the BOD could cause a region grief at charter renewal time. SFR has had more catchall classes for the kind of cars that ITR catches and I don't see it being any skin off their butts not to offer it. Any other regions doing the same?