maybe they just mean itr will not have it's own run group? the class can run, but will be running in the same run group as ite? that would be "normal".
[/b]
No, the region board is questioning the need for all of these new classes, and they are talking about whether or not they are obligated to accept them. Until a decision is made (presumably on January 27th), ITR cars are expected to run "as" ITE cars, not just "with" them.

Josh, playing devils advocate, what run group would you put ITR in?

If you put it in group 1, with ITE, the region looses entrants, since they couldn't run in ITE and ITR.

Put it in with Group 5 (IT and Small Bore) you'll drive out the rest of the handful of small bore prod cars
[/b]
No doubt, I'd put it in group 5. These are IT cars and they should be with other IT cars. We're talking about 5 or so cars tops in '07, I'd think. We had small bore prod cars (and GTL) running with us (T2) at the National races, with T1 and AS! ITR cars will be about the same speed as T2, I think.

I will also bring this up at the chiefs meeting. I'd also suggest sending e-mails to Kathy Johnson, SFR chief of tech.
[/b]
Thanks, I'd appreciate that. I did manage to speak with Bryan Nemy, one of our region board members, who told me that they will definitely be discussing this on the 27th, and that he'd be surprised if it doesn't get approved. Still, I'm really pissed that they'd even consider not accepting it. The national BOD has already bought into the value of the additional class, and I just don't think it's the region board's role to question it in this manner. Do they want to mutiny or something?

Anyway, If they don't approve the class, then I've got an awful lot of time and money in a car that has no place to play. I didn't build it to be 10+ seconds/lap behind ITE, I built it to try to win ITR. I'll go to BMW Club or NASA and blow off my 18-year membership if they don't work this out.