OK, after going over Greg's chart (my head was spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist ) and getting some pretty good info from different places, I got a pretty good idea of what I was up against. Since 30 offset is what the miata needs I had to figure that in also. My solution actually came right down the street at my friendly local (chain) tire store. Enkie RP-F1 41 offset 15X7 (((((9.8))))))POUNDS $185. I have some 10mm spacers on the way to get me close to 30 offset so things should be good.

Greg add these wheels to your chart and it should become a Wheel Sticky for the Forum!

Thanks for all the info especially the chart as it made me think hard on how far and how much I need to do. (And at what cost.)
The other cool thing was I found another place to buy tires pretty cheap. I still plan on using the tire services at the tracks, (buying and mounting) but it is nice to have several local options.

Mac
[/b]
wouldnt you have to add in the weight of the spacers to compare? a 10mm deep alum probably weighs like 1-2 lbs?