It has about 164,000. A clip on the air cleaner was broken and I never noticed it. So it has been sucking in dirt and actually sandblasted the inside of the turbo and the block. Also messed up the injectors.

The end result is that it Ran just had a lack of power. The big problrm I had was that after sitting for a few days it would not restart. (No compresion, which is needed for the injectors to fire) They said if I replaced the injectors and drove it every day it should run and I could get away with running it for a while.

I don't want to drive it everyday and I certainly didn't want to get stranded at a track in the middle of nowhere! Since injectors cost almost 3g's I am close enough to depleting my savings that I just went for the complete overhaul.

It never smoked before and that is why I didn't think it should smoke now. The dealer did call me back and they were very nice about it. I am bringing it back in and they are going to replace the injectors free of charge as they seem to think that is the issue. I'll let you know if that fixes it. The turbo comes attached to the engine assembly in the crate so I wonder if the seal was bad from the factory...

At least I'm not paying for it to be fixed anymore! In the end sometimes it is better to take it to the dealer!
Stephen