Thread: Tire opinion: Hankook Rs2 Z212

For autocross competition I am normall using toyo-proxes RA1. Great tire, no complaints except for the damage to the wallet every time i have to replace them. Hankook has a new tire , the rs2 z212, has anyone used these, maybe as a practice tire or some autocrossing?? I know hankooks are normally frowned upon, but i wasnt sure if the new tire was an improvement upon the past.

Got bad news for you. There are plenty tires out there that are faster than Toyo's but not many that last as long. How many runs do you get on your RA1's?
    John Norris
    ITR E36 BMW "sprint car" & ITS E36 "enduro car"
    "I vas too fast for racing and too low for flying"
    Hans Stuck jr

oh i know there's faster tires, thats why im in the market for new ones. The ra1's do last long, only because after their heat cycle life they turn into rocks. Right Now im hung on the hankook rs2 z212, the falken azenis rt 615, and the kumho ecsta mx.

oh i know there's faster tires, thats why im in the market for new ones. The ra1's do last long, only because after their heat cycle life they turn into rocks. Right Now im hung on the hankook rs2 z212, the falken azenis rt 615, and the kumho ecsta mx.
    [/b]

These are all street tires. Once they get hot they will be junk !! Don't use street tires for any serious track use. "Serious" being the key word here. For an occasional romp on the track and to drive home ....you would be able to get away with any of the above mentioned street tires.
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

Anyone try the new Nitto NT-1's? I understand that Ralph Warren was running on these at the last BMW race in the West and like them. Also the Toyo RA-1 is soon to be replaced.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Talking

Give the Z211 a try. Right now you can get them for about $95 ea. from a company in back pages of sport Car magazine.

HANKOOK Z211
    Toodles, Stacey_B
    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR 2009 ITB CalClub Championship - Solo2 (FSP) www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life.
    Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.
    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Hankook tires - Auto-Meter