Thread: Jan Coffey??

My wife was reading one of the pot-boiler paperbacks that she devours while I'm ready my "guns 'n bombs" pocketbooks in the various coffee shops, when she asked, "Isn't the North American Road Racing Championship a real thing?"

"HUH? No way."

Turns out that a scene in her current book - Five in a Row by "Jan Coffey" - takes place at an SCCA race at Lime Rock. I put the author's name in quotes because "Jan Coffey" is actually husband-and-wife writers Nikoo and Jim McGoldrick, from CT. I figure one or the other knows someone I know. How else would they have even known about the NARRC?

K

PS - I checked to see if Amy, Bettencourt, or any of our other friends from the NE were mentioned in the book, and it appears that they aren't.

But was one of the characters a "Short, stout Asian man"?????

I don't recognize the names, but I' haven't been around all that long...Dickita (cha cha cha (last of the year for the cha cha chas, perhaps, had to get it in)) might know, he knows everybody it seems.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

It's apparently a pretty engaging read, too. The bad guy planted a Trojan horse in drive-by-wire software that allows him to use cars to off people who stand in the way of his master plan...

K

This is te plot line:

Mysterious accidents are occurring across the nation. As the casualties mount, a business consortium calls on Emily Doyle, a computer guru, to help. Even as an obsessed admirer begins openly stalking her, she must work with a handsome investigator to unravel the puzzle of the seemingly random attacks. All the while, a twisted mind moves relentlessly on his path from virtual reality to international terrorism...

What others say about Five in a Row:
    ...A chilling premise that may make you hesitate to start your car...– Romance Reviews Today
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

But was one of the characters a "Short, stout Asian man"????? ...[/b]
    Laurene tells me that the protagonist's ex-husband was a 5'7" Asian man...

K