Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Will Win in 2007?

I think DiMinno is not a reality because he causes too many wrecks!!! (Joe, that's for that other comment on another thread before Xmas, that I never commented on...you know the men and the rear thing...jerk!!) [/b]
    It took ya long enough. :P
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Prediction: Greg won't be able to stay away.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Prediction: Greg won't be able to stay away.
    [/b]
    I already knew that one.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Okay - Thought I would chime in on ITA. Let's assume Greg is stayin' away and going "boutique" racing, (I would love to go that route of touring other tracks, but there is so much yet to learn at home), - but I too don't think he can't subdue his competitive juices and stay away.

In "A" you gotta love Andy B - spends lots of time on development and testing - the right recipe. I will also echo top contenders being Richie H, Jeff L, Rick B, Joe D. I have great video of Brandon B who took a second at NHIS during the "weekend I'd love to forget." His car looked very good (although my front end was rearranged I could not make a pass stick in all my favorite spots) - I wouldn't rule him out.

I share garage space with Shane Hawthorne - remember Shane??? Shane got married last year and put his racing program on hold - if he gets his engine put back together he could be a factor in '07 - Shane is the honeymoon over man???

For myself the future is grim. First, I have a senior in high school and it would appear he is going to start his undergraguate degree somewhere - until he picks a school I suspect I will be doing my share of weekends to the "Ivories" and other private institutions - Last I checked the going rate was $40K/yr - I suspect that will make my pants fit a bit looser. Second, although CPM Motorsports (Carol and Jerry Miller - God Bless You - no they didn't sneeze), continue to show support for "our" program, we have yet to sit down and do a budget for '07 - so I can't assume anything going forward. Combine that with the building of the new "C" Beetle and "A" Eclipse (were there other cars too? - it's hard to keep track of my BS) the TEG development seems low on the todem pole .

I predict this (Greg A if he's in), Andy B, Rick B, Richie H, Shane H, Jeff L, Brandon B, and Joe D at the top of the pile. Thank you all for the flatering comments - hope to see you for "a race or two" in '07. My $.02 for what it's worth.

My only other prediction is this - I promise to keep my car "pretty" after she gets out of "rehab" - I heard there are great 12 step programs to insure success against the fatal drug "red mist" - any of the old "S" boys want to come to a meeting with me??

One final comment - the Northeast still offers the "best of the best" - Thank you ALL for great competition and great racing.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Allright, I suppose I&#39;ll be nice for your sake Tim. <_<
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

for ITA - I agree with most that the top players have already been listed and mentioned (Bettencourt, Hunter, Benazic, Bogart, Diminno, Lawton. (Ruddy got his car back together too, he may be a spoiler for some NH points). As for me, yes I will be out there trying to steal some points, but will be getting a late start due to planning some test and tune days for get used to the new car before dicing it up in a race. And I will likely not be doing much multi-state traveling so will not be going for the NARRC, and more importantly the reason, baby Gangi (1st) due in early May.

Happy New Year to all!

Victor
    03 ITA

Remember Shame? I think many of us do. Ooops, was that a typo?
    [/b]
    Dave - Be careful here - Like most stories there are usually a couple of versions - I&#39;ve heard one version that curled my nose hairs and left me saying, "WOOOW no way!" I suspect Shane&#39;s pen will keep the Stewards in Impound busy, if he does return- Just a guess.

Not being sure if my house is made of tempered glass I throw no stones.

for ITA - I agree with most that the top players have already been listed and mentioned (Bettencourt, Hunter, Benazic, Bogart, Diminno, Lawton. (Ruddy got his car back together too, he may be a spoiler for some NH points). As for me, yes I will be out there trying to steal some points, but will be getting a late start due to planning some test and tune days for get used to the new car before dicing it up in a race. And I will likely not be doing much multi-state traveling so will not be going for the NARRC, and more importantly the reason, baby Gangi (1st) due in early May.

Happy New Year to all!

Victor
    03 ITA
    [/b]
    Victor - Great news on the baby!

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Congrats Victor...the best reason to run a limited schedule.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

I don&#39;t hitnk anyone has come close to the prediction in ITB... In my humble opinion an old timer that is back will win most of the events he attends and from what I understand he is attending most of the events in &#39;07.

If you want to win in ITB you need to be in the LOW 17&#39;s maybe even 16&#39;s at NHIS and mid to low 3&#39;s at LRP. Anyone want to anti up to those times in a B car!

Stephen

I don&#39;t hitnk anyone has come close to the prediction in ITB... In my humble opinion an old timer that is back will win most of the events he attends and from what I understand he is attending most of the events in &#39;07.

If you want to win in ITB you need to be in the LOW 17&#39;s maybe even 16&#39;s at NHIS and mid to low 3&#39;s at LRP. Anyone want to anti up to those times in a B car!

Stephen
    [/b]
    ahh would he be driving a pale colorless stone. :P
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I think that for ITB it is going to be another year of interesting battles.

ITB has a number of "championship spoilers" in the mix:
    • You have Matt Baldoni and Eli Garrett in the yellow schirroco as well as Derek Lugar and Rob McCabe from Canada whom only race at NHIS and are certainly in winning cars, but without running outside NHIS, can they win the Championship?
    • At Lime Rock you have contenders such as Dave Gran, Dave Zaslow (watch out for him, he is on the up with multiple "fast lap" races), Micheal Reece, Greg Subtelny Richared Gleason, Travis Washay whom race all the tracks but NHIS, taking them out of the fight for the championship.
    • I certainly hope that my brother and I will also be spoilers at the select events we attend...
    • Is Jeff Benagh back? Doubtful, but maybe if we bug him enough he will be a spoiler at a few events!!! lol
    • Richie Hunter, and/or Tom Kelly in the debatably fast Yellow Golf III...
    As for championship contenders...
    • Charles Gurundo, while consistant has not got a win in yet... has he stepped up to the plate over the winter, and will he fight for the title?
    • While I would like to say that Jason Benagh will be back with a new car and in the front, I think he will have a year of development needed in the new car before he gets some wins.
    • Nat Wentworth will be a major factor in the championship, and possibly the one to beat this year. He has a fast car and knows how to get around the track quickly... Despite his change from Saab to Vovlo.
    • Paul Curran has always been strong, and as with Nat he will be a major factor as always in the championship battle.
    • Certainly Tim Mullen will be a consistancy factor, Not to mention Tim has proven he can whip anyone at NHIS. If he could master Lime Rock, then he stands a chance at holding his championship title.
    • Scott Carlson, if he returns will as always be a major factor, otherwise he may be a spoiler along with the rest.
    • but the guy to beat at any track in the Northeast in ITB is certainly this guy... Jim McMahon but, as rumored will he race a full season?

While I do think that ITB is the best fight for a win at every event, the class does not have the same amount of championship contenders, simply because most of the contenders in ITB don&#39;t race at every track in every event, this makes it a very interesting fight for the few in the championship battle.

I am excited to see who shows up in ITS next year, as those guys run every event and fight hard for the championship. If Kip Shows, My vote is on him!!!

ITA will certainly be an exciting class, but I don&#39;t think that anyone has a chance against Andy B, or Greg the egg.

ITC is a no brainer... While Brian M and the "Funks" deserve a championship battle, Eric Perham has the car for the class... It is time for him to move up to ITB and get what he wasn&#39;t able to before... an ITB title

Raymond "Looking forward to 07" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com