Actually greg I dont think its that big of an issue. The choice of that date is not all that bad actually. Because SCCA already has paid for that Sunday as part of the 12 hour race weekend.

As for the drivers pool, I dont know if it will be that much of an issue. With the 12 hour we usually have MORE volneteering staff then any normal race weekend and the various specialties ensure that everyone gets enough downtime.

I for one wont be driving in the 12 hour. I will likely work pit unless I am asked to crew. And I will likely get about 5-6 hours of sleep (I usually only get that much on a normal race weekend anyway) and be ready to instruct that sunday.

I already know that WDC is trying to get more then club racers in their instructor pool since that makes life way too unreliable for these events. Otherwise, I still don't see that as a problem to run the PDX as another event completely seperate from the 12 hour but on that Sunday. They are not requiring all racers to instruct, and I am sure those planning our PDX have already asked the worker cheifs to ensure they are ok with this.