I keep thinking that it would be really cool to have a different type of race weekend format. I know in the past we've discussed some ideas, and the inverted starting order quickly comes to mind. At first I thought it might disrupt the points chase, but the other night I was watching the British Touring races and they use the inverted grid so why can't we?

We have a perfect opportunity to do something like this at the Lime Rock double event. My thought was Friday do the qual. and race, then on sat. do a brief practice in the morning and then race using the inverted grid. I'm not sure what the MoHud region has planned for the event, but this would not only be a blast and something a bit different, but it would elminate any notion of having another qual. session on Sat. (The region might be planning on using the fastest race lap time from Friday's race to grid the Sat. race, but that's not the primary purpose of this.)

What are your thoughts about doing something like this, even if it's just for the IT classes? How could we make this happen (anyone with any ties to the MoHud region)? I'd love to see it happen!