Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So what's this junk about no new ITC/ITB cars??

Interesting...the average man on the street, or gal in the gas station looks at my Civic and tells me it's not a race car, it's a station wagon. Quite humbling on the ego.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Interesting...the average man on the street, or gal in the gas station looks at my Civic and tells me it's not a race car, it's a station wagon. Quite humbling on the ego. [/b]
    I just sold my 86 Si. At the time I owned it, I also had an Expedition. When I went to take my kids somewhere, my 4 year old wanted to know if we were taking the blue truck (Ford) or the red truck (Honda).

It's all about the shape! Not to mention that every kid under 21 wanted to race me when I was in the Si...I was content on getting 40mpg with my 91hp.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Figuring it makes the most sense to start with the low-hanging fruit, I just sent in a request that the 92-95 Civic DX be re-examined for movement to ITB. It's less of a tweener issue - I think - because the Coupe and 4-dr versions are heavy enough that there's little question about getting them to the flyweight spec necessary to fit the formula for A. (Heading off the problem that the ITAC has run into with the pre-92 DX hatchback.)

Please review classification and specificaion of the Honda Civic DX (3 & 4 door)(92-95) for re-listing in ITB, at a race weight established by currently accepted processes.

The Civic DX of this generation was delivered with a 1.5-liter engine, quoted at 102hp and 98ft-lbs of torque (www.edmunds.com), in three model variants:

Hatchback (3-door) - 101.3" wheelbase, 2178# curb wt.
    Coupe (3-door) - 103.2" wheelbase, 2231# curb wt.
    Sedan (4-door) - 103.2" wheelbase, 2313# curb wt.

It is therefore requested that the make/model description and wheelbase specifications of that line of the ITCS also be adjusted to reflect this.

Watch for FasTrack response and make comments so we can get this car into B where it belongs.

Maybe someone else could please request classification of the 96-00 DX in B as well?

K

EDIT - PS, it's my understanding that part of the reason Wolin went with the Kia Production rally program with the Sephia is that they had so much experience with the Mitsubishis. They are pretty much the same under the skin, or so I'm told. That's increasingly the case (Mazda/Ford being another example), making it just that little bit more plausible to race something that might on the surface seem like an oddball.

While I know that they haven't met the age requirement as of yet, what about the Toyota Echo (less than 110 Hp), the Scion Xa, and the Scion Xb? I can't quote the weights, but the Xa seems like it would be a blast to hustle around. Also, wouldn't it be a hoot to see a "Spec Toaster" class with the Xbs?? Just a twisted idea or two.

Scott Franklin
    www.NutDriver.org
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C