Thread: Tires in Regional Racing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I understand the different aspects.

I was about ready to go with Hoosier even with the high price until I saw that they have no regional contingency and some of the other companies do. Not that contingency is the MAJOR factor, but getting something back if you are able to do well is somewhat of a factor. Andy likes the Goodyear and says it is fast. I am just hunting for opinions. The knew Khumo is an option, but is that wear problem fixed with the correct setup? Hankooks are an option too. Just trying to find out what other folks are using and why.
    In the past my amount of race days has been so limited that tires were not that big a $$$ problem. (Besides, running SM down here meant TOYOs so there was no options.) Now I have options, and will also be racing more and I need help. HEP ME..... HEP ME I 'VE Fallen and can't get up!

Mac
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

I was about ready to go with Hoosier even with the high price until I saw that they have no regional contingency and some of the other companies do. Not that contingency is the MAJOR factor, but getting something back if you are able to do well is somewhat of a factor.

Mac
    [/b]

I use Hoosiers, strong believer in thier performance. As for Contingency it must depend on the region you are racing in. Here in the Northeast, Hoosier has had all sorts of contingency programs depending on the different race events.

Hoosier also has trackside support at all Northeast Racing events. This is a BIG BIG plus IMO and well worth the extra cost, not that the tire isn't worth it alone.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com