IMHO, this is a tortured interpretation. Traction bars are designed to work longitudinally, and see Jake's question on RWD cars (and tie-rods). Understand that once something like this comes up, be VERY prepared to have the rule clarified out-from-under you. Don't invest too much money in your solution because it will soon be illegal.
[/b]
I know exactly what traction bars are designed for, but the SCCA defines it as something much broader. As it stands, I can lose no more than $120 by putting in the aftermarket links (and thats if I buy them instead of build them)... so until it's officially illegal.... It'll be there.

Huh? Your interpretation conflicts with the definition of "Traction Bar" you posted. A traction bar resists the opposite reaction the wheel has when torque is APPLIED to the wheel. No torque is applied to the rear wheels in a FWD car.
[/b]
Every force has an equal and opposite reaction. The same is true for torques. So while you say no torque is "applied to the rear wheels in a FWD car", you are mistaken. The wheels, during braking, have TWO torques applied to them. One is the the force of the road on the tire times the outside radius of the tire, and the other is the force of the brakes times the effective radius of the [in my case] disc.

Additionally, torque is also applied to the wheel not only about the axis of the wheel rotation itself, but about the axis of the strut mount/control arm bushing... these torques being applied via normal racing accelerations (traditional acceleration, lateral, braking, etc.). Nowhere in the rules does it say that the torques in question must only be from axles....

I know what you are getting at, but the wording in the rules does not specifically state it that way.

Bottom line, if the rules are changed because of me..... I'm out $120, but I've got a neat bar story.