Thread: Wheel stud source and factory manual

I am looking for a source for longer wheels studs for my 1986 300ZX. Any ideas? One racer suggested 1/2 inch studs from Racer Wholesale, but that would require drilling out the holes and welding the studs on the backside to keep them from spinning.

I also need a factory manual for the car. I've found a CD on E-Bay, but I would prefer a hard-copy, and not a new one from Nissan. I've pushed my luck with Tech for too long, one of these days they are going to ask to see the manual I don't have.

Thanks,

Bob
    Dr. Bob Marcho
    Abilene, Texas
    1986 Nissan 300ZX ITS
    "Much education doth constipate the mind..."
    Wm Shakespear

ARP-100-7702 studs and SUM-7540025 acorn nuts, all available from Summit Racing.

Press your old studs out, press these in. Voila.

I have used the Nismo studs with no issues. They are a direct press item no drilling.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

There is another Nissan stud that is about a half inch longer than the OE for the 300. I don't know what application it is, but when I've shown up w/ a OE stud and asked the guy at the counter if there is anything longer, they are usually a stock item at any 'good' parts store.

Will a Haynes manual cut it? (that's a general question I've often wondered)

Matt

ARP or Nismo studs. Google is your friend. The ARPs usually have the little piece on the end without threads that makes it easier to put the lugnut on. The factory manuals aren't all that expensive. I think around $75 or so. Try Courtesy Nissan on the web and tell them you're a member of the Z forum for 25% off.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Will a Haynes manual cut it? (that's a general question I've often wondered)

Matt
    [/b]
    It will if the factory manual is NLA.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

i'd ante up for a factory manual. Haynes manuals are notoriously inaccurate and I wouldn't want to have to explain to tech why my stroke is twice what the Haynes manual says.
    katman

I'll be visiting Summit for the studs and buying the factory manual from the dealer for $82.00.

As always, thanks for the advice,

Bob
    Dr. Bob Marcho
    Abilene, Texas
    1986 Nissan 300ZX ITS
    "Much education doth constipate the mind..."
    Wm Shakespear

Another source for the studs here: http://www.splparts.com/ - I've bought a bunch of stuff from these guys, and their service is as good as any. I ordered an oil cooler from them that got damaged in shipping, and they sent out a replacement the same day and told me they would send a return ticket for the old one.

In fairness I must say I've never had any compalints with Summit either.

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5