Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
I like the CRB guys, but I do not have a clear picture as to how their decisions are made either. I assume it is a vote, but I also get the feeling (possibly wrong) that the liasion to a particular committee really can set the tone for the vote (meaning influence it).

I was like Kirk. When the ITAC gets something, we'd debate it as a committee. Certain things I knew little of I just went with the 'expert'. In hindsight, I wish I had been more mercurial about that. However the now lost (I assume) "confidence vote" aspect of the Process was an awesome response to that issue. I assumed the CRB did the same thing, in that the whole committee hears the case and the recommendation and votes. When I was told that a CRB member was completely unfamiliar with the Process...which had been in use for years, it dawned on me that things were far from what I had assumed.

It became clear that the ITAC had developed practices and procedures that were of a higher standard than the CrB was using, and was comfortable with. That's sad.