Why are you getting uptight about that statement? I was on the committee when we were revising it, it IS the best thing that has happened to IT in a while...but that doesn't mean it's perfect. And by that I mean that when it went to 'print' it wasn't completed yet. You guys forgot to write in what the process entails for ITR cars. It's ok, but it's fact. And I was in favor of publishing that document once we got it done - ONLY if it explained every in and out of what the ITAC could do...which is why it took about 9 months to get finalized. A quicky 'process' blurb would have only created more questions than answers.

Nobody said 'all ITR cars' had DW's. What was said was that the core car in ITR had significantly advanced suspensions to not warrant the separation, except when it was a strut-based FWDer. That was the process for ITR. Nobody codified it before it went to print, and now you are classing cars differently than the entire category...due to an error. It's OK, we acknowledge it and we decide whats the best way to fix it.

I submit again simply that you suck it up, pull the 50 back off the Vette and hunker down and strategize on what you want as a committee. +50 for all advanced? +50 for just DW's? -50 for all strut? -50 for strut and FWD? The ship won't turn in say, 6 months, so don't hang the new classification out to dry. I don't care how 'little' you think the weight is. My inbox is full of PM's asking me to justify +150lbs for excessive torque. It all adds up.

I know fully what the 'old' CRB will accept and not accept. I know a couple current members who call me all the time asking about certain issues and I am confident that when you lay out a good case for something, they will get it. I also know that doing what is right is more important than making one or two CRB members happy because they have better things to do than deal with IT.

Let's end the debate, I am sure we know each others position. No further progress is to be made. Time to go build that 300whp cease-fire V8.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
Stop with the flawed Ops Manual. It's the best thing the ITAC did besides the process itself (and I'll ad you were initially opposed to publishing the Process). Josh did a great job with that.

What was flawed was the reason the unwritten rule of "no DW for ITR cars" came about in the first place. "All ITR cars" do not have DW. Another flaw was using a "static" deduct for FWD and them dumping it for a percentage after a lot of cars had been reweighted. I was apart of that and acknowledge being a part of it, and we are trying to fix things by being consistent and doing things right from the start instead of changing them on the fly or fixing them later.

You of all people should know we only have a certain amount of ability to change things before the CRB (rightly) starts to wonder what we are doing.