Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
Yes it would, but it would also be interesting to see how many drivers have left the category and run exclusively in LP prod or STL at Nationals / Majors.

I can name a few east of the Mississippi (and sometimes the circumstances, such as a destroyed IT car, influenced the decision), but I'd be surprised if the nationwide total was any more than just a blip on the radar.
Indeed.

Some people who had strong opinions didn't stick around anyway - massive turnover is a large part of the reason I don't put a lot of stock in the "what I want" lobbying that drives our decisions.

Some of us - yes, us, me included - decided to not come back to IT when it became necessary to make a decision. National status was only part of my immediate decision but it was a factor. More influential is my understanding that STL and LP prod are still relatively weak but the will grow. IT won't at this point because OTHER people are being influenced by IT being relegated to Regional-only forever, among other factors of course.

If I'm going to spend bucks to build a new car (and I had no interest in rebuilding around a chassis approaching vintage eligibility within its anticipated lifespan) I'm going to do it in a category with more of a future.

It compounds. And one blip on the radar can be the first of a whole squadron.

K