Thread: ITAC News.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Getting closer to 2015. Any progress you could talk about? Any idea when an announcement will be made?
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Yes! An update would be great! Thinking the Audi will finally get rid of a couple hundred pounds and get classed correctly for next year :-)

Stephen

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil working on it guys. Sorry it's taking so long, I hope it will be worth the wait.

I have to say, and this is primarily my fault, we haven't pushed this hard enough. Chip has, and is adamant, as he should be, that we get the ITB recommendations done this year. I think we can accomplish that.

Raymond, on the Audi, I don't think the weight on that will change again. I'm not particuarly happy about that, but it is what it is. We did the best we could given the situation.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    I have to say, and this is primarily my fault, we haven't pushed this hard enough. Chip has, and is adamant, as he should be, that we get the ITB recommendations done this year. I think we can accomplish that.

Raymond, on the Audi, I don't think the weight on that will change again. I'm not particuarly happy about that, but it is what it is. We did the best we could given the situation.
    That is Stephen not Raymond! I keep to myself lately. Unfortunately I have never really had a positive experience with the ITAC or CRB so I don't really have any comments...

Raymond

PS: The Audi in question never got a weight change, keep the facts better than Phil, Chris, Bob and Peter!!!
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 09-20-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post
    That is Stephen not Raymond! I keep to myself lately. Unfortunately I have never really had a positive experience with the ITAC or CRB so I don't really have any comments...

Raymond

PS: The Audi in question never got a weight change, keep the facts better than Phil, Chris, Bob and Peter!!!
    Yeah, you are right, I may not be able to keep straight in my head all of the hundreds of classing decisions we made.

I can tell you this though. I volunteered a lot of time reviewing your car, and dropped $50 or something of my own money on the shop manual, to try to sort this out. While I agree the Audi was not treated straight up, it wasn't like the car was uncompetitive or that there weren't legitimate arguments for its present classification.

Your attitude continues to lack.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by RSTPerformance View Post

Raymond

Jeff is still on the ITAC, so he has to remain professional. I, however, don't.

That statement, is, to be blunt, bullshit.

And selfish. First, it's very crappy to judge an entire committees years of work based on YOUR car. Do you not race in a category?? In a class within that category?? Is the Committee solely concerned with ONE car that is raced by what, FOUR guys...ever??? Should THAT car be set with a blind eye to the hundreds of other races in the class?
    Stop being so self centered and think bigger picture. The ITAC has done a ton of good across the category, and you are better for it. ITS was a mess. ITR didn't exist. ITA had big issues. And ITB is certainly better than what it was, (Although it's still got issues)

And while you might not LIKE what they've done to your car, throwing the ITAC under the bus is flat out wrong. THREE members resigned in protest over the way YOUR fucking car was treated. NObody has ever given MY car more than 5 minutes of discussion, (And oh, by theway, it's raced by a LOT more people than your old Audi) and they sure haven't resigned over it! And do you hear me bitching? NO, because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. And when was the last time you saw the members of any other AD Hoc consult with YOU, and go out and spend THEIR own money trying to get reliable data on YOUR car?

I didn't like the way IT was being treated or run. So I volunteered and joined the committee, and spent hundreds of hours and hundreds of dollars to try and improve things. Have you?

ITB is a better class now than it was before, and it's because of the ITAC. YOUR class is better. YOUR racing is better. YOU have more choices. Sorry if YOUR car isn't exactly what you want. But that car has more unreliable data floating about it than nearly any other car. Funny that you SWEAR that some data is the right data, and that data happens to benefit , ummm, YOU!

Was your car treated properly by the CRB? Nope. (Join the crowd) There are 300 PLUS cars in the ITCS. If the ITAC can create a process and run it and get 50% "right", it's doing great. Because of various real world reasons, and the limitations of racing stock based cars, some cars (like mine, like yours) fall through the cracks.

Thats life. Move on. But don't come here and say you've never had a positive experience with the ITAC, because if you race in IT, you've had a positive experience, and you can thank the ITAC for it. Think big picture, not, "MY car doesn't weight what I think it should".

Sorry if you think I'm being a dick.

And just to be a equal opportunity dick, the ITAC, as a body, as no excuse for the lack of results, or at least the lack of communication over the ITB reorg. I know its difficult..I've seen the numbers and the "That doesn't make sense" aspects of the cars and ratings. But it's been 4 YEARS! I suspect that some committee members are putting the work in, others aren't. Which, if true, sucks for the guys pulling the weight. But, it's a volunteer gig, and I can point at HUNDREDS of guys who whine but don't pitch in, so it's hard to throw too many stones at the guys who DO pitch in, even if they're dragging their feet.
    But, yea, ITAC: It's past time to move on this. At least be transparent and communicate. I KNOW it sucks to keep coming on here and giving the same speech: "Hey, we're working on it but progress is slow". But maybe somebody will read that and volunteer to pitch in.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake thanks, and you are right. We, or at least I can say I, have dragged our/my feet too long on this. Time to get it done. I've worked hard on other ITAC issues, this one not so much and its hurting ITB. Time to move it along I agree.

And, thanks again to you, Andy, Kirk and others who paved the way for the Process. Shitty time to be on the committee, but I can say that 95% of the groundwork you guys laid came to fruition. I wish you all could see some of it from the inside. I think for the most part you'd be pleased.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Jake- Posts like that are way over the top... I never said I didn't like or apprecite Jeff, there are some great people in SCCA and he may just be one of those people. I am sorry that I no longer want to provide input because I have witnessed others (example quoted below) or been part of some very negative experiences. I guess my post was unnecessary and should have just stated that I was still disappointed in the lack of effectiveness seen in the ITAC/CRB. Maybe Jeff can post a list of what has been proposed over the past year and what has been considered accomplishments? That would far outweigh any of my "negative/
    Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Bullshit
    comments and restore faith in the committees!

NOW FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME I DON'T CARE SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE AUDI, IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, I HAVE MOVED ON... half joking, I think it is you and a few others that needs to get over the Audi

Lastly Jeff- Thank you for your efforts... I am sure you have done your best with the difficult situations you have faced.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    The ITAC, as a body, as no excuse for the lack of results, or at least the lack of communication over the ITB reorg. I know its difficult..I've seen the numbers and the "That doesn't make sense" aspects of the cars and ratings. But it's been 4 YEARS! I suspect that some committee members are putting the work in, others aren't. Which, if true, sucks for the guys pulling the weight. But, it's a volunteer gig, and I can point at HUNDREDS of guys who whine but don't pitch in, so it's hard to throw too many stones at the guys who DO pitch in, even if they're dragging their feet.
    But, yea, ITAC: It's past time to move on this. At least be transparent and communicate. I KNOW it sucks to keep coming on here and giving the same speech: "Hey, we're working on it but progress is slow". But maybe somebody will read that and volunteer to pitch in.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com