Thread: ITAC News.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

we had a meeting last night. a week late as there was a SNAFU with the conference line on our regular 4th Monday. SCCA got it all fixed up. not sure how much the CRB will review tonight, usually they get a week.

we did approve a new requested car, add some specline years and body styles to keep current, and review some other letters which we will move on ASAP, likely on "this month's" call.

we discussed the ITB review and have made good progress. hopefully this will come out of committee this year.

meeting last night was very productive. we mostly talked about the cars up for the WDYT in a recent Fastrack and while we haven't agreed to dual class I do think the solution we did agree upon will meet with the standard 50/50 opinion split. some new cars are getting classed, and we have broken the ITB stranglehold but are NOT done the hard work of realigning the class as a whole. it was a good meeting though, with some VERY good discussions about our philosophy and the future of the class, which I think is bright. more after the fastrack comes out.

Getting closer to 2015. Any progress you could talk about? Any idea when an announcement will be made?
    Ralf
    ITB Golf GT

Yes! An update would be great! Thinking the Audi will finally get rid of a couple hundred pounds and get classed correctly for next year :-)

Stephen

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil working on it guys. Sorry it's taking so long, I hope it will be worth the wait.

I have to say, and this is primarily my fault, we haven't pushed this hard enough. Chip has, and is adamant, as he should be, that we get the ITB recommendations done this year. I think we can accomplish that.

Raymond, on the Audi, I don't think the weight on that will change again. I'm not particuarly happy about that, but it is what it is. We did the best we could given the situation.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    I have to say, and this is primarily my fault, we haven't pushed this hard enough. Chip has, and is adamant, as he should be, that we get the ITB recommendations done this year. I think we can accomplish that.

Raymond, on the Audi, I don't think the weight on that will change again. I'm not particuarly happy about that, but it is what it is. We did the best we could given the situation.
    That is Stephen not Raymond! I keep to myself lately. Unfortunately I have never really had a positive experience with the ITAC or CRB so I don't really have any comments...

Raymond

PS: The Audi in question never got a weight change, keep the facts better than Phil, Chris, Bob and Peter!!!
    Last edited by RSTPerformance; 09-20-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com